Help with stress Herm crosses

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by highsmyth420, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Just out of curiousity I had a Barneys farm 'Gorilla Zkittlez' Hermie on me(just below canopy and all other plants showed no signs of Herm or stress) and seed a chocolate skunk from 00 seeds and a chemdog#4 from blimburn...what would you think the stability of these seeds would be like?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-A305GN using Tapatalk

2. Probably a stres herm from light burn since it was the top one and no other part of the plant was like that.

In this case I'd say chances are the seeds you get will be stable! However, autoflowering traits are recessive so it's going to be a crap-shoot as to whether they are autos or photos

3. Worded that badly meant all other plants had no signs and the Herm only expressed below the canopy not higher up...cheers tho ;)

4. Oh! My bad, lol. I've heard nothing but good things about Barney's Farm, the seed you got might have just been an off one.

5. Yeah emailed Barneys and was informed this can happen due to the GG genetics they told me growers have a love hate relationship with GG haha

6. Oh yeah, gg4 is one that is known to herm at the slightest stress. Like indicator lights can make it herm lol

7. I honestly think that guy was just feeding you bullshit. I might be wrong but I just always heard hermies are mainly caused by interrupted dark period light stress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. a herm is a herm IMO use only the best gear you can get or don't go poo

its important that you get herms outta the grow space and be hard about that

cross only what you know is good

as most do play for the first few years suffering badly later

with re ocurring herms

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think that's just how a lot of Chem related strains act. They tend to throw nannas toward the end of flower. Dogwalker was actually created because the beeeder knew Chem 4 (I think 4) does just that and he hit his Albert Walker cut with it. Supposedly, DW doesn't show any instability even though she was the progeny of a herm. GSC, Diesel, Chem, most OG cuts none of it would exist without some level of herm breeding. The stress that created those herms could be avoidable or even a total fluke that the progeny never experiences. Like, CSI Humboldts Purple Urkle S1 and fem line was created by a random herm branch and Urkle isn't usually thought of as unstable. So, not all herms are alike. Sometimes shit happens and it could go either way my dude. I say roll the dice

• Agree Agree x 1