Help with straightedge friends.

Discussion in 'General' started by John4414, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Ok so these two guys have been my two bestfriends for years. I started smoking about a year ago not because I was pressured into doing it or some shit like that. I just wanted to add an interesting aspect to my life, I've loved it from the beginning, but my two friends highly frown upon "drug use" even though I try to tell them all the time that marijuana is not a drug. Whenever I try to hang with them, they are constantly giving me shit about smoking. It's got so bad that I have just stopped hanging out with them in general, but it sucks because they ARE my bestfriends. I try telling them all the medical benefits of cannabis and the only argument they have is that the bud may have been sprayed with some kind of pesticide or some shit thats going to hurt me. (Both my friends are paranoid people by nature). How should I deal with them? Should I stop hanging with them? Thanks!:smoke:

2. tell them to fuck off.. find new friends.

3. Let them have their opinions. Oh and cannabis IS a drug, stop kididng yourself.

Straightedge is a false lifestyle anyway. There is nothing wrong with staying away from recreational drug-use; but all XXX kids use drugs on a daily basis. Most of them are addicted to caffeine/energy drinks anyway.

4. This. Fuck them if they aren't accepting of you. Im sure you could find way cooler people to be around.

5. marijuana is a drug, OP. wtf. lol. fail.

6. Well telling them its not a drug just makes you sound stupid, it is a drug.

7. Although it is classified as a drug, I don't think of it as one. When I think of a "drug" I think of something that must be chemically changed and chemicals must be added to it. I'm not saying that marijuana is not mentally altering, because it is. Just my opinion. My friends know where I am coming from.

8. If you guys really are best friends then they're probably just busting your balls. Either you can't take some jokes or they really are being huge assholes about it. Looks like you gotta make a choice, ditch your friends or the weed. My suggestion is look for some new friends. Some you can smoke with.

FYI, not everyone who doesn't do drugs/smoke/drink is straight edge. Stop saying that. And weed is a drug. Stop saying that it isn't.

9. So Op I presume you smoke weed straight off the plant then?:confused_2:

10. Stop trying to "convince" them. Its not going to work and you are just pissing them both and you off. Decide what you want to do? Spend your life trying to justify your actions or feel comfortable and accepted? Your choice.

11. It started off as just busting my balls, but it's come to the point where they are preaching to me about it. Also, for the record, I have never pressured either of them to smoke knowing that they don't want to. I completely respect the fact that they don't want to smoke, as it is a choice you have to make, but I don't think I should be justified by a choice I chose to make.

12. Alright lets get off OP's nuts about the whole marijuana is a drug thing.

My advice, its not worth losing good friends over weed. Now I'm not saying you should quit smoking to gain back their respect, but get them educated about it.
    Find legitimate sources, legitimate studies, documentaries, etc.

I wish I had Granny's link on hand but sadly I don't...

Anyway,
    if they really are your "best" friends then they will be able to open up their minds to a little education on a harmless plant.

13. #14 John4414, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    Yeah, it is straight from the Earth, it's a plant. It doesn't have to be mixed with battery acid and other crazy stuff to get the desired effect. And thanks for the advice Leroy, I'm going to try and convince them to watch the union with me the next time they start giving me a hard time.

14. I went to dinner like a month ago..

And a group of 20 something year olds sit down..

And instantly I get the "Hipster" vibe from em.

And as I walked past there table I saw they ALL had the X written on there hand..

I was just like *mental facepalm

These were young adults man. With X's on there hands like a HS fucking freshmen lol

15. You haven't grown have you?

Nutrients and shit. Vast majority of weed isn't "Organic" lol

16. They sound like some huge asshole, OP. I really do think you should ditch them and find some more chill stoner friends. Then again, if you do do that they will always remember you as the one best friend who split from the group and started making friends with the kids who did drugs. It sounds like a shitty Above the Influence commercial...

17. Here's a 2010 copy.

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...ions/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

18. ^ OP, open that shit up,
    there's knowledge in that link.

19. Not The Union! Anything but that! I didn't even want to watch the fucking Union.