help with sprouted seed

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by pham dang, Dec 25, 2014.

1. #1 pham dang, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    So I'm newbie and seed still has shell stuck it's barely been a day, but it looks stretchy to me. Did research but some say leave it some say damp it wait a few minutes and try to remove, and repeat of necessary.

Problem: I might of not plant the seed deep enough.

Any comment and schooling is welcomed, thanks.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the side pic

2. Ok, you can wet your finger and let the drop that collects at the bottom touch the seed to gently wet it. After that, you can pinch it's jaws (think of the seed opening like a mrs. pacman and pinch the sides of her face) gently. Sometimes the film on the inside of the shell can stick to the leaves, so if you wet it and let it sit for ~10min it should help that not stick so much.

Whatever you do, do it gently, don't pull up so much that you pull the seedling out of the soil. You also don't want to crush the leaves if you choose this method of removal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Stevebomb, I'm at work right now and won't be til 12 hours from now but I'll try that once I get home thanks for the response.

pd

4. I'm a fan of your Thoreau quote there steve o. 'Tis a good one.  :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keep your hands  off the emerging seedling, the shell will come off when it is ready.  Seeds have been germinating on their own for eons without help from dirty hands.  Handling a newly emerged seedling is a good way to kill it before it has a chance to grow.  LITFA

PW

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'm in the middle. Moisten the seed hull a few times, but other than that, nada.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 5cooby Doo, Dec 25, 2014
    All I got to say is... WHY?!  Haha typical newbie over-caring ;).

OP, leave her alone. As long as she is in a good temperature range around78/80F with fair air circulation she will have no problem. Does not at all looked "Stretched" to me.  Soil looks awfully damp. Let her use that water and dry up a little. 

Don't worry about the shell, it will fall off when it falls off... aka. when she is ready to get rid of her training wheels she will.

:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 pham dang, Dec 25, 2014
    Thank you all for the advice, I will LITFA, can't believe I forgot bout LITFA. Helmet still on and stem already has hairs on it too

Temp and other factors are at optimum range I believe. Soil is drier than before but still moist.

Thanks and happy holidays

From Pham Dang

[​IMG]

Edit: sorry about the pic i use tiny pic.com to convert my pics. I never know how it's going to show til I post.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not only do I want to thank you guys again but I want to also say that the shell is off. Looking good now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've seen seedlings ride their shell out until they die, and I've never had any die on me after I took the shell off. That's where I was coming from.

11. Thanks for sharing your experience. I kinda did take shell off only after I saw that it was loose (hanging) though.

12. For some reason it went to my last account I made that I was having problems with. Made a new one(this one) and keeps going back and forth now. O'Shaughnessy = pham dang

13. Need some more help, asking for advice. i.e. Kelvin rating veg/flower. I want to ask the Organic community because of their knowledge.

I got my seedling under a 23w cfl 2700k. I read it will make the plant stretch. Looks like it is.

[​IMG]

Should I change to a 6700k? It might all come down to me just being newbie, so I apologize in advance.

14. It's stretching because your using CFLs and it isn't close enough. Lower your light so it doesn't have to try and reach that far. See it all the time with noobs and CFLs lol most of us have been there at some point.

15. M3DICIN3MAN420

Thanks, I just lowered it about 7/8" almost an inch, from the top of the plant. I also had my finger @same distance to see if I felt heat, but it was coo. Being my first grow I was afraid of burning the tips so I had it like 3 in away from the plant.

Thanks,
    pd;just another noob

16. Good man. Stretching should stop and and it'll focus on growing now instead of trying to reach the light. When you transplant you can just bury some of that long stem

17. Cool man thanks. Can't wait til it grows and transplant it to my 10 gal no til organic soil a la coot style, but not as good as his or others here of course.