Help with spotting on leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KeiserSoze, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Quick background:

Nirvana Indoor Mix Seeds, so I don't know exactly which strain each plant is.
    Transplanted into FFOF Soil on 12/2/2011
    Moved under HPS on 1/9/2012 to veg for a few days b4 flipping to 12/12

More details in my grow journal in my sig.

I've noticed a little spotting on some of the lower fan leaves in the past couple days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm thinking it is simply time to start feeding them nutes since it has been a little over 30 days since I transplanted into the FFOF. Looking for confirmation of my suspicions, or input as to what else this could be. Thanks in advance.

2. If you have back gnats flying around, it is their larvae in the soil eating your roots. I has this problem. They eat the fine root hairs and the plant cant draw up nutes.

If no flies, then that looks like micro nutes deficiency. I use Earthjuice MicroBlast. Rainbow makes a generic cheaper version.

I only mention the flies as they cause leaves to look deficient. The plant is eating its lower leaves because it cannot get nutes from the soil. Adding more nutes makes it worse. They love wet, rich soil. As you said you havent been feeding them, I suspect micros.

3. Nope, no bugs. And my soil was actually dry, since today is watering day. So yeah, I think its time to start supplementing. Gonna do a 1/2 strength feeding and and see how they do with that.

Thanks for the response and input.

4. How did you rid of the so called flies??

Edit: also you leaves seem a bit droopy. make sure your not watering too often :)

Any OP I would say that it might be a little nute deff, but it could also be due to the fact that the plant is giving more and more attention to the buds. I have the same issue going on right now :)

5. I haven't started flowering yet. Plan on it in the next couple days tho. Wanted to clear this up first. Still on 18/6.

And yeah, they drooped in the last day and a half. But it was watering time. Soil was bone dry.

6. Bottom leaves should not yellow if the plant is getting everything it needs. It is telling you it needs attention. Only time (in perfect conditions) they should yellow is last week or so of flower.

to get rid of gnat larvae, get Mosquito Dunks. Lowes HD or online. Crush one ring in 5 gallons of dechlorinated water (let it sit 24 hours or use dechlor). Let soak for minimum 24 hours. Then water enough to cover ALL soil surface and enuf to reach down 3-4 inches.

This puts bacteria in the soil that eats the larvae alive. Since thats what they do to MJ, Im okay with killin em :D

It wont kill the flying adults. But as soon as they eggs they die. If you treat the soil, any egss they lay die. That breaks their cycle.

It takes about a week to see improvements. I water 3 times with that. I try not to mix nutes with the mosquito water, but I have with no issues.

Attached Files:

7. This is exactly what I thought too. Just looking for experienced confirmation. Thanks again for the help.