Help with speaker box stealth grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jordan81795, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hello my 420 friends , I need some help for an indoor stealth speaker grow box. I have some Master Kush & purple kush ready to grow.Now I've found 2 speakers in my garage (see picture) , and is like to know if I can convert this into a grow box (stealth)

I also need a full tutorial on how to set it up . I've read many articles about this but I'd like to hear your take on this. Need to know how to setup lights, materials to line the box with , odor control , fan ... Etc all of that

I also wanna know if this box is too small in width , maybe I can combine both speaker box . Thanks!

Please, if u really wanna help , please message me ways I can get in contact with you

image-3090505044.jpg

2. What are the measurements of the speakers? Most of us these questions could be found in previous threads I assume but I could give some advice

3. It's about 15" x 36 " here's some of my progress

image-3687117278.jpg

image-168444118.jpg

4. Looks good sometime s that silver stuff can hold the heat in ...

5. 6500k blue light will keep it squat with shorter internodes

6. You can easily grow in that. Just mount some cfls at the top by using some light fixtures using 6500k for veg 2700k for flower. Use around 100-150w for the lights and you'll get some decent plants. Try to have an intake and exhaust. I'd say use atleast one pc fan for the exhaust and put a diy carbon filter over that for smell, there's guides on here on how to make them. Have the exhaust near the top to remove most of the heat . You can have some drilled holes in the bottom for a simple intake. Hope that helps.

7. Do u guys think the silver thing (I got from my car) will hold too much heat in? I'm planning on installing a fan and an exhaust

Thanks!

8. U need the silver to reflect light. Maybe you don'tneed it though the entire box

9. There's no point in taking it out once it's in unless of course it posses a problem
    Do you have any more pics
    Dedication is key remember to get in the routine because once you have plants you have to stay onit
    I I were you I would use soil since its so tall and focus on esaust and lighting good luck

10. Yea.. I would say that the only issue you may have is odor issues. If that's not a concern then you should be fine.

11. Thanks people! I am planning on using soil and I will post more pictures up. I will use a homemade carbon filter for the odor

Btw.. Can anyone tell me how much light should do for this box? Be specific about the type and watt

Thank !

12. How many plants? You thinkin cfl or led?

13. 1 master kush , and which light would u recommend

I think cfl maybe better

14. Honestly I'm a first time actual grower but long time reader. If you got those seeds or clones sitting around your probably going to keep this going.

With that said. I like the idea of adding CFL's when needed and remove whenever. If sure if heat is ever an issue removing 1 cfl if needed isn't too complicated. Also if more light is needed adding is easier also.

I think led is good but your grow median (box) I don't think will be your final grow area and if you buy an led specific to that you may waste your money.

I'm not sure about your living situation but keep in mind those elements when building up your equipment.

15. Cfl it is

I think I'm gonna be keep the plant in those boxes because I don't want it to get too big but I have people in my house , my room is in the basement and my closet is really big and isolated.

Anyways . Thanks

I'm also growing mango jack herer x Korean skunk ... Thought you'd like to know since you're a jack h fan

16. Oh man. That sounds awesome. Never tried mango j herrer. I'm am avid fan of the strain.

Height won't be an issue with the box but width might. I just think a new box of Mdf wood with all the stuff you need may make more sense. Give it a go. Try it out. If you got room then use it!!

17. Quick question people , what do u guys think of this design

18. Word to the far left is desktop fan

image-851863386.jpg

19. You may want another random circulating fan inside. The plant loves it

20. Just curious, but can PC fans really push air through a carbon filter effectively?

Also, nice setup, if I had an old school speaker like that I would have used it similarly. I think maybe 150w of cfl would be good for a space that size... Maybe 200w for flowering?