Help with soil PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by msmithoseven, Nov 5, 2008.

1. I am starting my first grow and i got miracle grow organic choice potting mix soil. it has a mix of .10-.05-.05 is that good? it also says it contains .097 slowly available nitrogen? dont know what all this really means im still waiting on my grow book to arrive..before i open the bag and put my germinated seeds into the soil i wanna make sure its legit..any help would be great
    -msmithoseven

2. i used that on my first attempt to...it will work ,but id add PERLITE to it for airation.

3. You should be fine with that. Not the greatest medium but readily available and certainly better than standard MG. It can still burn plants, but it is far less likely too. Just keep an eye on them and you shouldn't have any problems.

The slow release nitrogen are those little water soluble balls that you see in the soil. Typically they are yellow.

Good call on the perlite Mr. Tangent. Always a good idea to add it to your mix.

4. PERLITE..great ill check it out thanks