Help with soil mix. Hempcon style.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Wykyd_Green, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Yo how's it going thanks for stopping by to check out my mix. I posted this in the beginner section and recieved no comments if anyone noticed.

Scroll down if you don't want to read the little story.

----

I was just recently at the San Jose hempcon where I talked to the Sanctuary Soil guy. I asked him how his soil compared to Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, he went :cry: and proceeded to give me the run down on his soil and give me a sample bag.

Then I asked if I should add it to the FFOF and this time hes looking like :mad: and grabs me 3 sample bags of his coco coir and tells me to add them to my big bag of FFOF.

This is all in the midst of my first harvest and the start of my 2nd grow :hello:! Which is why I am posting here today, I would like a few opinions on my soil mix.

----

The Mix:

Not sure on the size of the sample bag I guess 4 sample bags is a gallon.

Sanctuary Soil Empire Builder: (1 Sample Bag)
    Coco Coir, Sphagnum Peat, Composted Forest Humus, Worm Castings (20%), Coco Chunk, Lava Rock, Pumice, Perlite, Gypsum, Rock Phosphate, Langbeinite, Sea Bird and Bat Guano, Fish Bonemeal, Feather Meal, Bonemeal, Limestone, Greensand, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Glacial Rock Dust, Azomite, Lignite, Soybean Meal, Rice Bran, Copper Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Beneficial Fungi, Beneficial Bacteria.

Sanctuary Dutchman Expanded Coco-Coir: (3 Sample Bags)
    Expanded Coco-Coir

So basically I would like to use my bag of FFOF I have already purchased in combo with some sample bags of sanctuary soil and coco coir I got at hemp con.

#1 My first intuition was to add the Empire Builder soil to my FFOF in the 2 gallon GeoPot I bought for $5.

#2 intuition was to add all 4 sample bags (3 Coco-coir 1 Soil Bag) and the rest to be FFOF into the 2gal GeoPot.

Which of these would be easier to manage for a newbie grower?
    -I imagine the first one because I have never used Coco-Coir before, but I am always down to try something new.

If anyone has any other suggestions as to my mix, I am down to read em

Thanks for your help!

2. looks nice, I started composting worms and am looking for local sources of top notch compost. I've tried a few local brands but it didn't suit my style, so i'll keep looking..

Also find your local farm supply/feed and seed/concentrates shop. good luck.....

3. The reason he might have been upset about adding his soil to any FF product is they won't necessarily work great together. the FFOF (and other ff products) are not organic or compatible with organic systems. I'm not saying that in all instances it's not compatible, but I am saying that following the FF 'nutrient schedule' is not compatible with organic systems.

4. Ah my bad for not explaining, I am not planning on using the trio or any liquid based nutes.