help with sexing ur plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gardener, Jul 21, 2009.

1. i know this isnt the first topic on sexing but ive noticed that alot of simple questions keep popping up over and over again. its about that time now when plants start showing sex. heres a pic of one of my male and female babys. hope it helps.

[​IMG]

2. U da man!

3. just wanted to bump this, im still seeing sooo many threads asking if their plants are males

4. +rep
    good pictures

5. Hey gardener, I am in Maine and my plants have not shown sex yet. I've got some indoors that were started at the same time (around June 20th, late start, I know) that showed sex about 5 days ago, after about 10 days of 12/12. I'm considering just chopping them down if they don't show soon. I'd assume that if I don't see sex soon that they probably won't finish out the season, right? Thanks for any help you can offer.

6. hey man sorry i didnt notice your post. i would never chop a plant down untill it shows sex. whats the worse that happens, u get less bud? u still have plenty of time in the season dont sweat it.

7. if you aren't showing sex yet, pump them with more nitrogen (the first number in the nutrient ratio)

nitrogen promotes sex, simple miracle grow/or alternative with something along the lines of 30-10-10 will do the trick

i've found that if i double up/triple up on the recommended doses on the package (until that water is clearly blue) and pump them with it every 4 days, i'll have sex in a week or two.

you had a late start but i have some young plants that i started up right around mid-june and they're all showing sex already, in fact some of them were showing sex 3 weeks ago, and they're only 10 or 12 inches tall.

NITROGEN!