Help with set up!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ALIG831SC, Aug 7, 2016.

1. so I have this room and I want to use it strictly for vegging- I have all the equipment, I just don't know how to put it all together. I did my best, and the room was waaaaay to hot. I was blowing the air over my bulb, then blew it through the ducting out a hole that was labled fresh air intake- I have a filter and a vent ( see pictures ) I just don't know how to put it All together. Please help! (The second to last pic was the room set up and it was waaay to hot )

Attached Files:

2. Even with the fanciest equipement on earth you still need to be drawing fresh air from a cool enough source.
    Are you in an apartment?

Where does the fresh air intake go that you are exhausting into? You may be causing problems there depending on where it goes and if it really an intake. Sounds like a bad deal

What are the temps of three fresh air you are pulling in?

3. Ok

4. Should I suck air from the ceiling where its labeled air intake? I live in a house. Here are the two sources of Air and I also have a dehumidifier

Attached Files:

5. You need to find out where the air intake goes. It might be the intake for your a/c or return for the furnace. If so you don't want to be using it for an intake or exhaust as it will either cause problems for the grow or for the ac/furnace. Find a cool source of incoming fresh air. Whats the temps?

Exhaust the growner either outside or into a location where it won't be sacked back in.

Until you know the temps of the incoming air you may never fix the issue. If it's not cool enough no amount of fans or exhaust will help

6. Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! So I found where the "air intake" goes (see pic)
    So do I now pull air from there into the hood and through the light? Do I attach something on the other end of the hood? I'm getting closer!! Thanks again

Attached Files:

7. Also I don't have A/C - I live in a Cali beach town so nobody has A/C here. And my heating is ran from my garage, through the attic into the vents- a separate part of my house

8. You need to know what purpose that pipe has before you go fucking something up. It's there for a reason. It has something to do with ventilation of the house. It's not worth using it for your grow if it causes other issues. It could be several things. May have something to do with the furnace, mold, house maybe wrapped to tight and that's the source of ventilation. No way to tell unless you know. If you don't know get someone qualified to check it out. I work construction. Proper ventilation of a house is essential. Fresh air intake means it's bringing fresh air into the house. Go blocking that off with an exhaust or sealing it off to where the fresh air only gets to the grow will cause problems in the house eventually.

• Like Like x 1