Help with selection

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenGardnJestr, Sep 12, 2013.

1. #1 GreenGardnJestr, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    Hello everyone!I'm beginning my first serious grow. One soil indoor grow with CFLs in a crawlspace and a hydroponic grow using a bloombox royal from BC Northern lights. I'm looking for advice from experts and experienced growers who are familiar with a variety of strains to help me figure out three I should start off with. These are some qualities I am looking for.. Something with a clear-minded high that gets those mental gears going. The height preferably low to medium, which I understand may be a bit of a contradiction because the strains more likely to provide that high I'm looking for would be the taller, Sativa types. Regardless, besides that.. anything that would be decent in yield. Price is a non issue mostly. Also I would like some opinions on auto flowering and feminized seeds. Autoflowering is a new concept to me, but from what I've gathered, it seems to be that a ruderalis strain was x'd into some THC containing strains to produce a plant with a static veg/flowering cycle regardless of the lights/darkness exposure time schedules. And, as for feminized, it appears that an acid is introduced that transform a male part of a plant female, but that a con may be the production of self-polinating hermaphroditic plants. What're your experiences with these?I hope to hear from the community soon :) I appreciate any input whatsoever ~Jester

2. Bumppp

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Forget about that acid.
    Photo plants are much more reliable than autos. I wouldnt grow autos unless i get some freebies.

Goto female seeds, buy cinderella C99, iced grapefruit and bigbud x white widow.

3 excellent strains from one very reliable seedbank.

4. Thank you so much blackmore , I've been growing a few plants from bag seed out on my balc just to play around with LST methods. When I get home I'll take some pics and submit for chits and giggles.

I figured photo plants were more reliable but I figured it would be in my best interest to seek the advice from more experienced growers.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app