Help with seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iloveindica, May 22, 2010.

1. :wave:Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask a basic question about a seedling I have.

I just started my second grow 2 aurora indicas from Nirvana and one of them seems to be very healthy but the other is being really slow to shed it's seed shell. It's about 4 days since its broken ground and it still hasn't shed it while my other seedling did long ago and seems to be growing nicely.

Is this abnormal or do some just take longer then others? Should I assist in removing the shell or do I just let it take its course?

2. Hey hey, i'm actually having the same problem with one of my Nirvana's WW seedlings. Ive got pics of it in my journal. From reading this forum for a while, the best thing I have read is to just wait it out and it should go away on its own.

3. Fair enough :). Figured I was just being a bit paranoid. Is this abnormal though? Do you know if anything in particular causes this?

4. It just happens sometimes. You can pull it off, just be gentle when you do. Your seedling will thank you for it.

5. I'm new to the forum but not to growing. Some seeds just have trouble getting out of the shell. If you plan on other grows look up the scuffing method for seeds, it scuffs the seeds with sandpaper so more water and oxygen enter and the shell, becomes well moistened and falls off easier.... as for the seed covering now, either use physical intervention and rip it off yourself or spray the plant directly with water to moisten the shell.

6. Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and very gently removed the shell with almost no resistance. The cotyledon is ready to open and it's already developing its first set of leaves :). All looks well, thanks again.