help with red/brown spots on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by parky1, Jun 7, 2017.

1. #1 parky1, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    my friend is doing 3 Bubblelicious Auto's under 600w of led in soil and perlite. he dont even know how to turn a pc on never mind post on a forum lol so i tend to help out with finding info.

anyway no problems in veg at all. he got to about the 3 week in flower and we noticed little brown/red dots appearing on some leaves.
    at first he thought it might be mites and spent a good few hours looking at the leaves under a x30 magnifier.
    we didn't spot one single bug,under the magnifier it actually looks like a burn.
    the veg food was a npk of 7-3-5 and when he got to flowering he started giving them advance nutrients "big bud" which is a 0-1-3. we also noticed some of the petioles turning like a red/purple. he has also give them some calmag. he was a bit late on getting the cal mag as he found out it was good to give them calmag through out the veg.he only just gave them calmag about a week ago. 1ml to 1L
    All of the nutes been given have been on 1/2 strength as many people are saying that autos might only need half strength.he has also been p.h .ing his nutes so its inbetween 6.5 and 7
    there seems so much conflicting information . one person says one thing, another person says another thing.our heads are battered with it.
    looking at some charts i thought the red/purple stems could be phosphorous deficiency and the dots on the leafs could be potassium .which i found strange as he has been giving them both.
    last week the ph runoff was 6.8.so i dont think there's a problem there.
    i'm just wondering if we should up the p and k as the numbers on the big bud dont seem too high .
    we really not sure if its a deficiency or nute burn. any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. #3 parky1, Jun 7, 2017
    trying to get the picture to upload. i never uploaded on this site before sorry..

GE DIGITAL CAMERA pic 1

3. #4 parky1, Jun 7, 2017
    GE DIGITAL CAMERA picture 2

tried to use the insert image button.but it just says img on the post?
    maybe i'm sharing the link wrong, i dont know. so i just posted the url too
    [​IMG]

4. 3.JPG arrr sussed it..

5. well we have sussed out what the problem is. i dont know if my mate got a accurate reading a few weeks back of the run off .but somehow in the space of a few weeks, giving them a couple of different weak nutes really started to make the soil go acidic .my friend seems to think that he didn't really give them a good flush before flowering !
    so it must have locked out some of the the nutrients.
    it really did knacker 1 plant in only a few days.it went from spots to rusty leaves. sort of makes sense. it was far more retarded on the bud growth. looked a few weeks behind. we sacked that one off.
    we have flushed the rest out good and hope we have resolved the problem. its funny but one of the plants was ok, it didnt even bother it. just shows how they are all different

• Like Like x 1