Help with possible deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ancient3328, Jan 6, 2017.

1. #1 Ancient3328, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Hey guys, so I have been dealing with this problem on and off for the past year or so. I transplant my plants and everything seems fine...and then about 2-3 weeks into veg my top growth starts yellowing and wilting and its driving me crazy. At first i thought it was calmag but that didnt seem to help, then I thought PH but tested my soil before planting and it was a perfect 6.5. Now im beginning to think its either a nitrogen or iron deficiency.

Little background of my growing style. I mix my own supersoils and have for the past 4 years. I honestly try to keep track of anything I change going into it but it is possible that I changed something and that started the issue. I will post my soil mix in order for you guys to be able to tell if I may be light on something.

1 cubic foot promix HP
    1 cubic foot half worm power half lobster compost from coast of maine.
    1 cubic foot perlite
    4 cups kelp meal
    2 cups alfalfa meal
    2 cups fertilizer (i use dr earth organic fertilizer)
    2 cups neem meal
    2 cups crab shell meal
    1 cup powdered dolomite
    1 cup pelletized dolomite
    1 cup gypsum
    6 cups rock dust (was doing 12 but cut it in half per the recommendation of someone on here).

I was using my tap water after being dechlorinated but when i thought it was a calmag issue i switched to poland springs but havent seen much change. I also tried spraying with epsom salts but that didnt seem to help the issue either very much. I have some pictures but will take more in better lighting tonight. PLEASE help me figure this out because at this point im about to switch back to a normal fertilizer/ph'ing regimen.

My temps range from 63-78 (im in a basement and cant get it hotter) and my humidity is between 38-50 but ive been growing in these exact same conditions for 5 years and never had these issues before then. I used to yield 3 ounces a plant (around 2ft tall) and NEVER ph'd or anything so im just puzzled as to what this is. Was so hoping this mix would be different but yet again here the problems are again.

2. 20170105_210227.jpg 20170105_210227.jpg 20170105_210225.jpg

Attached Files:

3. In addition, the first 3 pics are from last night and the rest are from about a week ago. Some plants (like my moonshines ghost train and LA chocolate) are getting hit worse than say my blue dream is so maybe that will help you guys as to a possible solution. Also, there are def leaves turning yellow on the bottom as well so its not just on the top or bottom it seems pretty evenly distributed throughout them.

4. you should take some pics under natural light. or cfls or something similar. hps is no good for pictures

5. Here are some better pics guys. Plants are still growing fine except for the haze and the LA that have had minor growing issues. Really hope its something as simple as not mixing enough nitrogen into my soil lol. As you can see some plants (mainly blue dream and green crack) are barely affected at all. Took some pics of the leaves i pulled off of the haze and LA as well. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

6. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

7. Looks like too much light honestly...
    too much light will make the leafs minicher not really fat fan leafs but skinny
    and you will get tips and strips... look at the pictures you posted u dont have enough plant in your tent

8. While that does make sense ive been in the same environment with the same lights for 5 years and this only started happening this past year. Is there anyway this could be a PH problem?

9. Looks like Nitrogen Toxicity

10. Wouldnt nitrogen toxicity look much darker in color? Like almost black?