help with pc grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FUZYWUZYWUZAB3R, Aug 23, 2012.

1. hey guys, im almost done with my pc grow box and hopefully i can start germinating my seeds in the next couple of days. ive run into a problem regarding fans, though. i have three 80mm fans. my exhaust fan is at the bottom at the back of the case, and my intake is at the top at the back of the case. i was going to rig my third fan near my intake so the air coming out of the light trap gets sucked into it and is blown across the box. it seemed like a good idea but, the third fan would bascically be blowing air over the lights (cfl's) and then across the box. would this blow hot air all over my box, and increase my temps, or would it cool the lights and lower the temps? i have a thermometer in it that seems to work, but my brother told me its broken ( it was his thermometer) so im gonna get a new one regardless. i turned everything on, with the lights and everything and it was just over 80 but, as i said, the thermometer may or may not be working. im hoping the get this finished ASAP and any input would be welcomed. also i dont know whether i should use flat white paint, or mylar to reflect light. i kind of want to use paint, as it sounds more user-friendly. about my lights : i have three 26 watt (100 watt incandescent equivalent) 6500k cfl's, and i have the exact same kind but 2700k come flowering time. bascically what im asking is what should i do with my third fan. the intake and exhaust already are setup, and i really dont want to un-do it. i made light traps out of cardboard and the fans are powerfull enough to push/pull the air through them which is good, but i really dont know what to do with my extra fan. like i said, im probably going to mount it at the top of the box by the intakes light trap but i want a pro's input! any suggestions welcome, i need this answered!