help with PC case fan wiring!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by amelia0, Jun 8, 2009.

1. This is my first post here. My boyfriend and I are going to start our first grow indoors using our computer grow house. We've got everything we need except we're a little confused about how to go about hooking up the fan (since there are two already inside the computer still). There's the one attached to the motherboard and the other is attached to the case that's connected to the motherboard with red, black, and white wires :confused: How would we power the fans? Would we need something like: 9VDC 800mA Adapter - RadioShack.com or am I just totally wrong?!

2. this is the adapter you want. 3-12V Regulated 1000mA AC Adapter - RadioShack.com it lets you control the speed of em as well. the 1000mA also let you run up to 3 standard PC fans in them. As for the fans, you need at minimum 3 fans for your grow, all of which can be hooked up to this adapter. Basically, the red and white wires are the only ones you need. The white is a ground wire. Connect the black wires from the fans to the negative end of the adapter. I recomend asking them for a male end to the plug so you dont have to cut the adapter wires. Then just connect the red wire with the positive end.

edit - you want 2 outflow and one in. The best set up is 2 out 2 in