Help with Payote Cactus!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomasko, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I picked up two small little buttons today, both a little bigger than a quarter coin. One is for me, and the other for a friend. I just wanted to know which I should give him. Cactus A is a little rounder like a ball, and light green. Cactus B is lower to the dirt, a little smaller, and darker green.

Also, I live in one of the best places in the world to grow vegetables. Would it be wise to go to the farms around here, and get some of that soil? Any tips would be appreciated, this is my first payote cactus.

Thanks fellas,

-Tom

2. I heard it takes like 10 years to grow!

3. that shit is crazy you never know if u got a good head or not and if u got a good one be sure u have at least 2 days free... that shit isnt a joke and if ur takin it for ur first time dont try to be a hero and take a lot cause it would just straight suck. just take a little and if u like take a lil more.. shits strong tho be careful man and tell me how it goes :hello:

4. Yeah but I think you can just grow it like a house plant or a normal cactus, just put it on a windowsill or something, I would like to try to grow my own soon. Oh and op you said you live in a very fertile farmland area, well taking the soil out of that environment and transplanting it into a pot for your cactus won't necessarily give you great growing ingredients, because that environemtn that you got the soil from has many other factors that influence growing, like certain weather conditions, or climate. But if show your cactus some love, it will return the favor, not literally obviously. :rolleyes: But have fun anyway.