help with overdry buds

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by darren reefnugs, Oct 4, 2014.

1. ive been trying to keep caught up on my buds drying, but ive been working mad hours so i havent been able to trim as much as id like. some of the buds at the end of the line are super dry....so much so that i just touch it and it snaps of the branch. 

i was told i could still jar these and just put a leaf or somehting in and the buds would draw the moisture out of the leaf and would be able to get a good cure going. 

am i just fucked? the smoke is still good but it doesnt have that amazing smell it once did. its not a major issue for me but i like to have "bag appeal" to show off to my 420 friends

2. Get a small(and I mean small) piece of orange and throw it in the jar with it. Check back in 10-12 hours or the next day and they should be moist again. If not, try making some hash/wax if you have enough.

3. i have about 4 ounces of this dry stuff. ill try some orange in one of the jars. just a tiny piece. might try a few diff things, as long as they will provide a bit of moisture to the rest of the buds

4. yeah make sure it's a small piece to much and you will over moisturize it.

5. don't put an orange in there, it'll fuck up the smell of your buds. They'll smell like rotten oranges..

a small piece of bud off the plant works great.. or a couple of leaves.

or a tiny bit of moist paper towel if you don't have any plants running.

6. When I smoked a pipe, I'd keep a small slice of apple in my tobacco pouch to keep the stuff from drying out.

In your case, I think I'd try folding up a moist paper towel and secure it inside the lid, then check on it everyday. 

7. I've never had that happen lol.

8. #8 AugustWest, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014

oranges don't make your weed smell like oranges?

what kind of oranges do you use?

nothing works better than a wet piece of bud..

9. try sum lettuce.

10. #10 †TheGrow†, Oct 5, 2014
    Please try not being an ass... I was just stating how they have worked for me. What I obviously meant was that I never got a rotten orange smell or even a lasting orange smell... When I have used oranges it's for a few hours and after I get no residuals of orange other then the orange itself. But I don't use a lot of orange, just a really tiny piece. what if he doesn't have a wet piece and only has house hold items? Just trying to help the guy.

11. #11 AugustWest, Oct 5, 2014
    he said he had leaves..

not being an ass, i just hate when horrible advice is given out on here. It happens very often.

12. #12 †TheGrow†, Oct 5, 2014
    Okay Hitler your way is the only right way. He also never said he had leaves. This is from the first post second sentence "some of the buds at the end of the line are super dry"

13. #13 AugustWest, Oct 5, 2014

so instead of telling him it's a good idea to put a leaf in there that actually smells like weed and is weed, you suggest oranges.

and in this case, yes my way of using cannabis instead of oranges to moisten cannabis is absolutely the better way. If you can't see that then you have issues with being incorrect.

14. #14 †TheGrow†, Oct 5, 2014
    Wow... I think you need to reread the thread... He wants to use a marijuana leaf to restore the freshness of the buds. You must be baked as hell. I also don't know how one can be incorrect on an opinionated subject.  You just like to be an ass to people. So now I am blocking you. 

15. #15 AugustWest, Oct 5, 2014
    you hurt my feelings.
    how am i ever going to sleep tonight knowing that someone blocked me.

yeah..

why use cannabis leaves when you can use oranges.. :confused:

17. Definitely use some leaves like AugustWest suggested. 

It is the most appealing option to show off to your 420 friends, especially over an orange.

Dude you are the ass! You just blocked one of the coolest, kindest, laid back dudes on here... AW has lots of great info and knowledge and he was just trying to let the OP know the BEST way to rehydrate dry buds. If you actually did some research on the orange peel you would realize it is a bad idea compared to other alternatives. Will it work? Yes. Are there better ways to do it? Yes. Case closed.

And BTW the OP wasn't trying to restore freshness he was trying to restore moisture so maybe you need to re read the thread and be cool.

19. didn't feel like reading this to be honest. To baked.

20. ^^^^ whatever LMAO