Help with Organics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MrSagittarius, Feb 20, 2013.

1. So, I'm trying to follow this post in understanding organic soil, since I've been leaning more towards the idea of growing organically, just I guess I need more of an easier explanation than most. >.>;

Just so much questions, about this and stuff I need straightened out first before I make my little leap.

2. im a new organic grower and i can say its not that difficult and some fun reading of the stickies will get u on ur way. sooo much more relaxing. like walkin around the pits at a race track, knowing u have the horse power to hang with anything ur lookin at. good feeling man.

3. I figured I would have read some more stickies. It does definitely worth trying.

4. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

This corner of GC tends to be very helpful, not to mention informed.

5. Thanks GiMiK, yeah I know this website is pretty sweet with all the helpfulness. I've read about the feed/farm stores, obviously I apparently seem to be a bit retarded, seeing as I tried looking up a few places via Google, and can't really seem to find any place that's what it is. (Mostly just ads)

Anywho, what I was wondering on;

How big should your pots be? (I know it varies on plants, and the grower)
    I was thinking of growing a couple, maybe even quadruple plants, in 5-gallon buckets. I was originally thinking of going with FFOF (As almost everyone does apparently.) but, I liked the idea of Organic(s).

With Organics, is it really just all you have to do is water? (I mean, unless there is a problem or something.)
    I hear that it's a stress free way of growing as well as after a while your soil actually "gets better" with it decomposing.
    Do you have to worry about the PH, of the plant or does it not really matter if you're doing Organics? (Obviously, I know PH matters in your plants, I just meant do you have to worry about checking on it?)

I understand that better quality ingredients meal better quality products. What would be a good mixture for a 5-gallon tub. Oh, and would adding a drip system to the organic grow be an alright thing to do or?

I think that's all I have for right now.

6. See the responses above.

7. Thanks, yeah I was reading that post. I guess since I havent done Organic before, it seems to be a little intimidating/confusing, but easier in the long run. But, I guess thats why you research and plan before startin.

8. Hello again :wave:
    I was you just a few short months ago. Honestly, just read the organics section every chance you get...it won't make sense to you at first, but the more you read the more sense it makes. It was easier for me to buy an amendment here, another there and once I had the basics I started my mix. Initially I was missing a few things but nothing crucial, and I've added the things I was missing since and have a KILLER soil I'm dying to try out right now :)

My first organic mix, even though it didn't have ALL the goodies was bigger, healthier and tasted better than anything I'd grown to date (using the FF line) and soooo much easier. No ph measuring/issues, no measuring nutes....and an awesome corner of the city to hang out in, get encouragement from, and helpful friendly folks to hang with. You're gonna love it :D

9. Honestly, the idea of hassle-free (well to a certain extent haha) soil, that doesn't require a constant PH measure I think was the hook, to get me interested, then I believe the line and sinker were "healthier and tastier"

But seriously, I've got yet more reading to do, so I can try to understand this. Because honestly, it makes no sense to me right now but, I will in the coming days. I think I've already been encouraged by a few members here, whom sadly I forgot their names. :/ But, yeah, I can't wait to start organic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to GC organics! Hit the stickies and ask questions along the way. It will all click, then you'll be mixing your own soil, tracking down supplies, brewing an ACT, and enjoying the simplicity of this method (to organic madness). This is a very special corner of the web, with very smart and helpful people. I tripped in here by accident, had my mind blow and life changed.

11. Yeah, it seems like doing it this way would be mind-blowing, especially with the simplicity of it. I was looking at brewing ACT's I don't remember who's video it was, but it looked interesting yet confusing (well for the most part right now.)

12. There are already some pretty good responses from Gimik and NoobWannB. Read InTheGardens Organic Soil For Beginners, and Jerrys Organic Obsesion.

Then read them again. Then find you the core ingredients you want and build from there, and go back and read those two again. I have learned an immense amount of information from reading grow journals. I just started to grow in December so I am but a fool when it comes to knowing what works and why. The soil I have is fairly good but its not complete. I am buying amendments here and there as money allows and building a better soil. I am sure after a few cycles and feeding the micro-herd for a while it will become a fantastic soiless soil. :p

Peace:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hillbilly's advice was good ^^^^^^

Personally I don't recommend noob start out even READING about ACTs, forget about using them ;) Start simple with soil building...maybe learn what each amendment does/is for and go from there. If you build a good soil, you can get through an entire grow using water only with excellent results (unless you're growing a particularly hungry strain perhaps), and teas are unnecessary. There's a time and a place for them, but they can be disastrous if used incorrectly or too often...ask me, I know ;)

Start slow...when one thing starts to make sense move on to another. Some of it is so simple but you won't 'get it' until you put it into practice...then it becomes second nature. Honest :wave:

14. Noob is right! She made a little mess with ACTs but got it fixed pretty quick. I have not used any ACTs yet with my grow. I have put an air stone in the nutes water for a couple hours but I wouldn't call tht a tea. Anywho it sounds like you are on the right track.

Peace:wave:

15. Was actually going to ask about if using the tea's we're absolutely a must. (Unless, like you said, the strain was hungry.)

Yeah, I was looking for useful links in the organics and I came across those two. (Not saying that the others aren't!) I've read ITG's post a few times, I believe, but yeah where do you guys buy the parts for your soil at? I remember that being one of my main concerns. (Finding a feed/farm shop.)

16. You can get a lot of stuff at wallyworld, HD online even if they don't have it in the store you can do a ship to store pick up. I get a lot of my stuff (most in fact) from amazon because there's not much available locally and travel is hard for me. There are lots of online links around...I can post some if you like. You gotta watch shipping prices though. What area of the county are you in?? Not asking for an address or anything...I really don't care, but it'd help offering sources if we had a general idea ;)

17. Ah, Amazon, sadly love that store. Actually where Im getting almost all of my stuff for my grow from. Onky cuz I dont wanna spend 200-300 more to get it from Hydrofarm even if its the same exact thing ya know?

18. Check my signature out, the links I provided are some of the cheapest amendment sources I could find...should have everything you would want or need.

19. #19 MrSagittarius, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    Nice definitely* will do that once I get on my computer when I get off work.

/Edit: Wow, I just definately reread. (Actually read all the things in ITG's post and, my mind was blown on how simple things were; I just saw text and numbers and was like "GAH")

/Edit 2: Definitely checking out the links in your subscription.