Help with Organic Growing (Organicare Pure Granular)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 1968GTSdart, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Hello all,
    First post here have a few questions regarding organic growing. I am 100% use to synthetic fertilizers, specifically advanced nutes. I was thinking of going the Organicare Pure Granular Grow and Bloom route. If anyone has any experience with these products I would love to hear it. I was going to use a soilless mixture of Ocean Forest and coco coir. As per the directions I will be mixing the Granular Grow in with the soilless media, and then replying as a topdressing every two weeks. When I transplant into the final largest pot I will mix the Granular Bloom in with the soilless media, and then reapply every two weeks as a top dressing. My question is this, when using advanced nutrients I always used Overdrive at the end of flowering. I don't know what other people have experienced, but I ALWAYS noticed a resurgence of growth after feeding with a solution of Overdrive. Upon further reading on the product, I found that a lot of the resurgence of growth had to do with the addition of nitrogen in Overdrive. But it was the specific form of nitrogen that did this, nitrate. I was wondering does anyone know a good organic source of nitrate? I would like to add a bit of nitrate toward the end of my flowering cycle as I use to do with the Overdrive. I know it won't be exactly the same, but I feel like the addition of nitrate toward the end still may benefit and help get that extra push when the plants are cycling down on growth. Thanks for the help a head of time,
    GTS

2. Go the the OMRI (Organic Material Review Institute) website and search nitrate . They have endless info on nitrates , different brands and sources and whether they're suitable for organic crops . Definitely worth a look . I'm sure you can find a nice product

The future is soil , not oil

3. Thanks I'll definitely do that, just found this product called Chilean Nitrate (Chilean Nitrate |). Think I'll look into this more as well. It says the product is OMRI certified. IF anyone has any experience with Chilean Nitrate I would love to hear about it too. Thanks again,
    GTS

4. I use organic dry ferts. Also. Once a month, mix into soil top 2 inches, love how easy.

My advice is don't do the extra every 2 weeks, done that that dont like that its too much nutes, they taste harsher.

Less is better.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use fox farm dry organic fertz., Fox Farms Happy Frog fruit and flower

• Like Like x 1
  6. So then mix into the media every time I transplant, and only mix into the top 2 inches of media once a month? Thanks for the suggestion Synergylane. Have you ever use guano? I use to work at a hydroponic store, and some of the organic guys would rave about guano.

7. No, just the premixed organic ingredients in Fox farms Happy frog "fruit n flower" blend with Worm poop once in veg, and ACT (tea) in veg bi weekly in veg.

8. Tomatoes do have the same nutrient intake ratios some how. But i didn't use that just Fox farm cuz it was premixed with several organic ingredients present inside.

9. If you're testing the nutrient intake only have one client with extra nutrients slowly increase, strains differ on eating alot of nutes. From my experience Blue Dream , sunset Sherbert and cookies are Big feeders