Help with nutes...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cozy2963, Nov 8, 2014.

1. #1 cozy2963, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    I'm so new, I'm looking pretty green because I feel like I might throw-up! I decided to us Roots Organics... I guess because I liked their artwork the best! I did a lot of research and really like what their company stood for, but I feel so lost. I bought the master pack, got home, read everything I could find, and killed 2 plants already. I think I was over watering them... So that makes sense, but I'm almost afraid to give the nutes that they so want... Can anyone help me and tell me what I should be doing? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I water now, only when my second knuckle is dry.

3. what?

Can you post some pics?

4. Follow the company's feed schedule just make sure that you adjust the levels of nutrients they are telling you to use. I would start with 25% of what they are telling you the first time I fed the girls and work up from there. Make sure to check and adjust ph as adding nutes esp. flowering nutes tends to lower ph. My water goes from 7 to 4.2 using Fox farm dirty dozen. A ppm pen is also an effective tool to let you know just how strong the nuts mix your making is. Make sure that you water at least once between feeding the girls. Water feed water always make sure you water until you get some runoff from your plants. The finger test is fine but I also usr the weight test method, feel the weight right after you water and than from there as it gets lighter and lighter it will clue you in on how dry it is in there.

5. Cool!! Thanks for the help! I'm in the market for a Hanna ph meter unless someone would recommend something else.... I've been very unsuccessful at adjusting ph thus far!

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415717095.299435.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415717116.932968.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415717136.284220.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415717160.652336.jpg

7. #8 TheAnswer121, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    once you get it, start making notes on what ph your at for your nute strength, and how much ph up/down to add per gallon. this way, after a while, you'll only have to check your res every so often, and topping off will generally balance it back out.

also, make sure you get plenty of calibration solution, and check it often. doesn't take long for it to be off .1 or .2

you shouldn't have to add ph up/down directly to your res, ever

8. In soil .1-.2 is not the end of the world into in hydro does that really matter. I recently bough a Hanna meter for $50 I think I liked the $12 Amazon special I had before it better. The Hanna is obviously better made and came with a nice case, I just don't really care for the way the calibration on it works. It seems accurate enough so far it is jus my a pain in the ass to set. Blue labs makes the pen I really wanted but at $112 I couldn't bring myself to spend that do a dirt grow. The $7 color dropper test works fine it's just slow and more work.

9. Any experience with the Oakton meters? I'm thinking of going with that one.

10. Thanks King! I do... I think what you're seeing in the pic is worm casting... Not too sure.

11. Looking at it, it does look a little like they aren't getting watered all over!!! Hmmm...