help with new sprout lighting schedule!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by billionbuds, Jun 28, 2010.

1. So currently i am running daylight cfl's. My plant sprouted but the cotyledons havn't opened yet. i have them on a 24/0 light schedule. I'm in no rush but I just want to know if they'll grow faster if, say i put them on a 20/4 or an 18/6 schedule... giving them time to "rest". I'm using ffof soil with feminized white widow,, if that makes any difference, which it probably doesn't. Any help would be a GREAT help..

2. Check all the other threads about this subject, sorry not more help but everyone has their own beleives about this so just check out the threads and choose wich you prefer...

3. understood,,, i've been going through the beginner forums for the past few days from the last page and working my way up,, increasing my knowledge you can say... I was just trying to see if anyone noticed a change and could explain it a lil,, well i'll be searching my question and I just switched my timer to 20/4. I guess it would be better to teach myself through experience and with the help of GC.. thanks anyways

4. #4 hipster, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    I'm a recent 24/0 convert for Veg (after about 8 grows at 18/6). IT ROCKS! :D They don't need no stinkin' "rest". Try it and you'll never go back ;)

5. haha good shit hipster,,
    im gonna take your word for this one and jus do the 24/0 thing

6. Here is some White Rhino that's been under non stop 400w MH for 8 days from sprouting. Unreal! :eek::hello:

Attached Files:

7. hell yea dude those plants r lookin nice,, since you seem to be pretty experienced,.. if the cotyledons didnt open after about 2-3 days from sprouting, is this a problem? it seems that its going fine but im just curious being a new grower and shit =]

Attached Files:

8. if anyone can drop some insight id be very greatful

9. so its been another day and it still didnt open up... does anybody have any clue why its still closed??????

10. cant realllllyyy tell, pics blury and its gettin late for me, but in pic 2...is part of the seed shell still on the top of the cotyledons like pinching them together? maybe im wrong. if it is then i'd say gently pull it off so those suckers can open

11. thanks.. well the seed cover was still on it,, actually it was like whatever is inside the actual seed cover... i split it with a razor gently and they opened up... hopefully this goes good... i'll keep GC posted with more pics tomorrow just in case any other beginners have this problem

sorry the pics are blurry but its my phones camera,, this baby looks hurt right now,, hope they could last...

Attached Files: