Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

help with my lungs? (messed up from cold)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cloud blunts420, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hey blades, hope you all had a great Christmas! so recently around Saturday i got very sick with this thing in my chest basically just a shitty cough and im still getting rid of it but ive been trying to smoke and take the smallest hits possible but everytime i cough alot! usually i can rip bongs and my roor quit easily without a problem but the past day each time i smoke is miserable! any help guys? any thing i can do to strengthen my lungs again? :smoking:

2. I hate smoking when I'm sick. If you can try vaping, but other than that just focus on feeling better. Once you do you'll be back to normal

3. Try taking something with DXM in it to suppress your cough and rubbing vicks vapor rub on your chest where your lungs would be

4. I would just lay off smoking while you're sick. You probably wouldn't really enjoy your high anyways.

5. Drink tea, it really helps to reduce phlegm and really just makes you feel better overall...i love tea!

6. Either get used to the coughing or wait until you're not sick! Same thing happened to me the first week of December, got sick and everytime I hit it I coughed like it was my first time lol

7. If you smoke a lot, smoke cigs, or have asthma this is a bad idea as not being able to cough can lead to not being able to cough up phlegm/tar/resin/whatever and that equals breathing troubles temporarily.

8. As others have said, I would just lay off the smoking for a day or two while the congestion clears up. Especially if it's painful/not enjoyable to smoke.
    But, if you really wanna smoke then I'd take something like Mucinex or Robitussin to suppress your cough and help with the congestion. Something I do when I get tightness in my chest during a cold is by putting a few cups of boiling water and a tablespoon or so of Vicks vapours in it so it dissolves and then I put a towel over my head and breathe in the menthol steam. Works wonders, especially for someone like me who always gets chest congestion with colds.

9. lay off it for a while dude, that shit can develop into pneumonia if abused. scarring of lungs isn't cool

10. Stop smoking til you feel better.

11. same my *****. Tea is the shit