HElP with my lighting meter Please

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Personalusegrow, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Help me calculate monthly electricity from the grow lights please.

Im prayin im doing this wrong or my bill will be over $1000

So my grow light meter says 26kwh per hour correct? To make shit simple if I use this for 24hrs I get,

26 kwh x 24 hrs = 624 kwh per day
    624 kwh x $0.132 cents per 1kwh = $82.368 every 24 hrs
    $82.368 x 30.5 days a month = $2,512.224 per month....

Did I do this right? Cause FUCK ME im only calculating the cost to run my DIY led that currently only at 65 ish watts. 1550679668165.jpg Screenshot_20190220-112209_Samsung%20Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190220-105909_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Sent from my screen to yours!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ha, does sounds expensive to me bud.
    If i run my 400w HPS for 24/0 for 30 days.(as well as all my fans etc). It adds around £35 to my monthly bill.

3. fuck me alice, you're with O Power. You might just be right!!!

I doubt it though

65 watt bulb running 24/7 will use 1560 watts over that time, or 1.56 kw

1.56 x 9.4 c/kwh = 14.66 cents / day to run a 65 watt bulb at mid rates

bit better i'm sure!

cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It costs me about $250 a month to run my whole house, and my 2x QB96’s pulling 330Watts :) and all my fans, exhaust, Snd humidity devices :/

I think ur math is off for running a single QB120 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I jam surround sound at 150 Watts all day long too :/ and heat my house electricly :/

6. So basically everyone agrees that I should not pay attention to the meter that shows 26kwh running, but instead only use the watts draw of 67.5W as the indicator for how much kwh im using thus paying for??

My whole apt runs off a 200amp old fashioned fuse box "5 month old resetable fuses" and my bill is always around $50 with everything pluged in through the whole place.

7. I use more power in my home office than in my grow room.

tv w/cablebox, 4 monitors, tower, printer, lighting, phones, soundsystem, space heater and various things on chargers!

my grow room barely moved the needle

8. ya you good buddy!
    you're lookin at 4$ or so a month

cheers

9. Thank you for this...
    If I did the other way KWh to watts calculation then its pulling over 1000w only about 18 inches from seedlings, which are doing just fine right now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just used your calculator to figure out costs at max watts im capable of 240w, then used the local website to calculate the costs for this and it was close to $50.00 monthly at 18hrs on peak times. Waaaaayyyyyy better then my first post. That scared me alot, maybe I should cut back on doing math while buzzed

11. Thank you everyone

12. Ok so turns out the Energy reading shows accumulated energy in kWh consumed by the load since last reset.
    To reset the data push button until screen blinks with the words "clra" then push one more time within 5 seconds to clear data. If no action is performed before 5 seconds are up the reset mode will end.
    (these are instructions for my specific meter, yours might reset differently, check the manual)

13. This is my meter. Only Reset button is on the front. I held it for 5 seconds and it went through a diagnostic and when it stoped. All the numbers are the same. Changed nothing. I know a bunch of people on here have these same unit's hopefully they can chim in and let me know if im missed something or mine is broke Screenshot_20190220-122815_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

14. try pushing it again while its showing the diagnostics, or hold it for longer.

15. I did. It was tricky but this and looking up how to with this meter helped. Got the KWH zero out. Cut to power to everything for 1 min and pluged back in. The KWH started at zero but is slowly going up, currently at 5kwh, so this must be counting up based on hrs used total

• Like Like x 1
  16. So since this last post the meter always counted KWH up continuously, untill today. Its now stuck at 10 kwh and wont move even tho the lights on been on for half a day already. By this time yesterday ut showed around 50,000 kwh. All I need to know is how the hell this is happening and what to do about it. It won't bother me at all, provided it doesn't affect the hydro bill that comes.

17. 26x30 = 102.96 per month

@Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

18. Im looking for help with only post #17 , but thank you.

• Like Like x 1