Help with my grow tent shopping cart

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by calikevin87, Jan 27, 2018.

1. I know we talked about the 480s before and how they might be a little overkill, but for the price difference I'm considering going straight for the HLG-480H-36a, that way i can run the lights at max power. This would be the model that's dimmable and should be able to operate at 400W output, correct? I do notice that the maximum output current is 13300mA for that model, would that be a problem for me? The WaVys are 2800mA lights.

2. Drivers that have the voltage number in the model at the end are most times meant to run at that voltage output so you'd have to wire in parallel. It's not a problem if all the boards are the same. In parallel the current is split to each device but even then it would have to be dimmed prior to hookup. That is the same driver range that is used on the HLG550. It's capable of 515 watts output and about 550 watts draw at the wall. All the drivers are underrated in the model number. That is basically 20% or so under what it's capable of for max output. The wall draw is 10-15% higher then that. My 240h-c1050a's draw 285 watts at the wall each.

This would run all 4 boards at max output in series. Max voltage output 229vdc.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-480h-c2800a/mean-well-enterprises

Wow. It's 95% efficient. That's the highest I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would just buy an LRS-350-36 for $27 and see how I like it for now but that's just me. That's 88 watts a board.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair enough lol, I'll have to see what my funding allows for when I order the new stuff and see if Arrow will take back the 320H I got originally.

Oh, all the lights are definitely the same too, and the 4 lights are currently wired with 2 boards in series, then those two wired in parallel... Or vice versa. I don't mind a little rewiring if can run them at 100W each.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Grasscity Forum mobile app