Help with my grow tent shopping cart

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by calikevin87, Jan 27, 2018.

1. What do you mean you used the credit to get a loan? That would be ideal.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have a 50 dollar tent and it holds the weight of a carbon filter and fan just fine not to mention the negative pressure.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Like Like x 2
  3. the phresh filter will work fine, basiclly the same as a hepa, everything is up to your budget though, how would you setup an AC? WIndows unit? Portable? Single hose portables are not worth buying, they will drain you of money and throw the cold air back out the window. pumping your tent air directly outside is best itll keep your environment much better and youll get more co2 out of new air,

4. AC would be a portable, but I would be able to setup a duct to vent to the outside through an attic vent.

5. Also about the propagation tent, does anyone actually utilize the separate compartment for growing seedlings and sprouts? Is this necessary if I plan on scrogging just one plant?

6. Annnnd where can I find Sara, definitely interested in getting a deal on a Mars light.

7. Pay pal's credit cant be used to buy any other form of credit or gift cards, how would you use pay pal credit to get a loan using paypal credit, which is not the same as a credit card from pay pal because this is just a credit from paypal

8. I meant that credit they looked at in order to approve you for paypal.. and I was talking about having them send you an invoice through PayPal, you should be able to use it then.. best of luck :)

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

9. Just msg @smokesara. she's on the mars hydro forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not normally but I thought it was cool... long as there are no light leaks... make sure it's a sealed system.. it's kinda new over the past few years I believe... id scrog 2 plants... 1/2 the veg time...

• Like Like x 1
  11. #31 Tammm, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Oh ok. I do wonder if closing this line of credit will mean I may or may not get approved for the same or greater amount of credit elsewhere, but this might be a risk worth taking. Yeah its not that kind of credit, the invoice cant be used Ive tried, its complicated to explain but yeah according to them an invoice isnt allowed because this credit isnt that type of funding source. Thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was looking at the exact same COB + LED combo light until another blade on here advised against mixing the two as you won't get the same amount of canopy penetration with the LEDs as you do the two central COBs. That's when I went shopping and found this little beauty...
    MarsHydro.jpg
    Or for about $170 cheaper you could choose this LED grow light.
    MarsHydro2.jpg
    I'm working with a 269 watt Viparspectra right now until I upgrade my lighting to a Mars Hydro setup later on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Cree over the Epistar eh?

I do like the lights that have the dimmers on them, is there a way to add that to these lights or is that unnecessary?

14. #34 calikevin87, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    I've been looking at portable ac units but they require a vent to be hooked up for exhaust, which I'm not sure I'll be able to do. Has anyone use any smaller swamp coolers for climate control in their tents?

Also, what is the smallest tent I'd be able to use and still get an of or two out of each harvest with scrogging? Would 2x2x2 be too small? Could I essentially do a grow with just a small tent a light, maybe one small fan?

I'm also looking at building my own LEDs, I've narrowed down to these two kits for the size grow I'd like to do, which would be better?

CREE CXB3590 Triple COB Kit

260W QB LED Kit

15. Bump...

I've been doing more research on LEDs also, finding out that the blurple is essentially old tech, and the white light LEDs are the best thing now. I found this 1800W light that uses 6 Epistar COBs, it uses the white LEDs that I was looking for and appears to have a really high PAR value, some of the highest I've seen for the money. The only info I could find about that this light was on Amazon where people were basically saying that it doesn't use Crees, no info about performance. My next choice would be a dual QB288 setup, but the one I'm looking at is a good $130 more than the 1800W COB setup.

16. #36 Tbone Shuffle, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Hard to beat one of these in a 3x3. Click on unassembled, it goes down to $325. Free shipping. They're easy to put together. I would rather have one of these then a triple cob fixture. I run two of these in my 4x4. They're pretty hot running. You'll want a 6" clip on fan to blow on it. If you also wall mount your driver instead of putting it on the fixture you'll get a cooler running light. If you're getting a 260 get 304 boards. The only reason to use the 288's is for 4 board fixtures using a single driver. The 304's have a 2 board limit in series.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit

Pretty sure your link is a burple cob even though it says full spectum. Mars also makes a cob led hardly anyone looks at.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. #37 calikevin87, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    The one I linked says it uses white light in the product description.

I will probably be using a 4x2 tent but utilizing 2x2 of the floor for growing with a scrog net and reserving the rest for a swamp cooler, so I was planning on only using one light. Would one of these QB288 Kits be sufficient, because if so I might be ready to order everything tonight. The one you linked would be my next consideration for the price, but what do you think about these fixtures from Timber vs the HLG QB's? There's also this Amare SolarSPEC with 60 Crees for $395. Since I'm only planning on growing one plant I'd really like to stay under $300 for lighting though.

18. The 288 kit is about half of what you need for a 3x3 or a 2x4 space. That's a single 288 board. They're rated for a 2x2. In order to cover 2x4 you need a two board fixture.

The timber fixtures are great for 50% more expensive in the end to cover the same area. The HLG 260 can easily cover a 2x4 for $325 with free shipping. There's nothing for that size area in that price range from timber.
    COVERAGE AREA - 2' x 4' - Timber Grow Lights

You're looking at about $450 to $580 to cover the same area with timber. About the closest in price range for coverage area besides HLG is rapid led's cheaper kits which also must be built but are harder to build.

In the end the cree and vero29 cobs that timber and rapid use are slightly lower in overall stats per watt compared to the samsung lm561c s6 which is what HLG is building with. Not only that but the spread with a board based fixture is slightly better. More points of light spread wider.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here's the mars cob par chart.
    [​IMG]
    400 watt hps par chart.
    [​IMG]