help with my Grow room design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by starvingstudent, Jan 13, 2003.

1. i have a 400 watt hps and a 80 watt wide spectrum floro and i was wondering how to make the best possible setup would be for a 4x4 box. is it a good idea to plant all the plants in one large box or should they all be in their own containers?

2. each plant should have a container each, you'll need to get at least 3 gallon pots....some people like to grow in small pots to start off with and then transplant later....i just put them straight into the 3 gallon pots and then you don't need to transplant at all........Peace out....Sid

3. yup, i always just put them in 1-3 gallon pots

4. Is that flourescent light actually 80 watts or is it the equivilant of an 80 watt incandescent bulb? Is it a long tube or a compact bulb? I'm looking for compact spirals with more than 42 actual watts. Anyone?

5. Florex work lights are 65 watts... I would just get a HID light though forget florecents they arent worth the electricty they cost to run.

70 watt light from home depot is 50 dollars

65 watt floro is 30 dollars for 20 bux I would get the HID stronger intensity = bigger budz!!! forget the 8th that you would have bought spend the few bux then you can grow ALOT better weed and having smoke every few months

6. Well, I was thinking of a way to make an up-side down chandelier that I can raise and lower for my grows. I took a 5 place chandelier fixture and converted it so I can just plug it in and BINGO...If I use some smaller socket bulbs (CFL's) I can really make it easy on myself as long as I don't forget to raise the fixture as they grow. I want them to always be 2-3" from the tops and when they get tall enough, begin bottom-up lighting with just a couple of gooseneck table top lamps with CFL's. I'm fairly sure that CFL's are the most cost efficient way to go if you're pro-active enough. Less heat and probably less odor later on.

7. How tall is your growing space?