Help with my first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TomDang, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Hello all!

Spacing and set up:
    I've been researching about starting my own stealth grow for about 3 months now. I am wanting to start up my own grow within the next 2 weeks. I just need to get help setting up everything so I can get it right my first time! The space I have to work with is 45 inches long 20 inches deep and 31 inches tall. With those the dimensions would it be better to split it up into 3 sections? 1 for clones,vegging, and flowering? Maybe just 2 rooms 1 for vegging and flowering? Or 1 big one and grow multiple plants. If I were to do 1 big chamber how many plants could I grow at a time?

Lighting:
    I am wanting to use CFLs just because I have short space to work with and want the plant to grow to the top without getting burnt from the light. How many watts would I need per plant for each stage? Does lumens matter?

Soil:
    I did some research and I would like to grow organically. I heard the taste and aroma are better. After some research I decided to use, FOXFARM OCEAN FOREST soil. Will I have to still watch the PH level or could I just let mother nature do her thing?

Reflective:
    Since I am using CFLs and they produce heat I figured I would use Flat white paint because it'll absorb some of the heat.

Ventilation:
    What size fans would I need? Also does anyone have any idea how I can make my own carbon filter that'll work and is relatively small?