Help with my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jklkings, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Hi group

This is my first post and my first grow, I needed some help. recently the bottom leaves have started to turn yellow and I dont know what could be wrong with it. I want to catch it now before it takes over the plant, any recommendations

Attached Files:

2. assuming your ph is correct, it looks like a basic nitrogen deficiency. Basically they just need food of some sort. Careful not to overfeed it tho, i tend to start at a 50% dose of whatever fertilizers i am using, and work up from there if needed.

3. #3 GoldGrower, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    it looks like it's nutrient deficient. Also, be careful not to water too often

4. overwatered..

5. How can I tell if it's an over watering or nitrogen deficient. I I leave it without water an see if it comes back or do I attempt a vegetative fertilizer?

6. If it's just on your bottom leaves and nothing above there, you're good. It's perfectly normal for the older leaves to turn yellow and die off along the way. You judge the overall health of the plant by looking at the new growth. If it's coloring is good with no spots or stripes or anything weird and your leaves are perky and stretching up toward the light, you have a healthy plant. Since your new, do you check and adjust the pH of liquids going into your plant? If not, you need to get a reliable pH tester and starting doing that or you'll end up with root lockup and your plant(s) will get sick. pH is super important to the indoor gardener and if you don't make sure it's in the correct range, you won't get the most out of your plant. I would go to the new grower threads here on the forum and read until I couldn't read anymore. You need a good understanding of the basics of growing these in soil. If you don't have that, you're going to encounter trouble all along the way. If you get your information base up, it will be a much more enjoyable experience. Good luck! TWW

7. It's certainly not normal in my grow room