Help with my first grow...plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bubbakush88, May 20, 2011.

1. #1 bubbakush88, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    hey GC..im new to this site..
    anyways i would b very greatfull if u guys could help me...
    Iv bein doing alot of research on auto flower seeds..
    im growing flash babylon fem..i recently jus germd n plantd my seedling but i think i might hav put them in the wrong soil...
    its calld top soil n says its perfect for adding nutes...
    does this mean it has no nute in it??plus i read that it can b very thick when watered...
    so my Q is...do i get some potting soil quick n dig up abit of the top soil with the seed n put it in the potting soil or will i b ok with th top soil..im growing in ireland aswell ..

i also hav 2 24w cfl lights(will get stronger soon) on 2 plants..startd them off in 2 gal pots in a closet in my room..
    would love some help n all info is welcome...thank u for taken the time to read this n hope you can help....

2. you dont want nutes at first....lightly nuted soils what you want for seedlings

plus it wont be long before 2 plants outgrow those 20wattcfls, get more

3. See if you cant go grab a bag of some "seed starting" mix from walmart or wherever and try a transplant in small (solo cup) container full of it. Grab a bag of perlite while you are at it and amend that top soil with about 25% of it and transplant into that mix later on.

4. Thanx a lot bud for the info...very greatfull..anyways yea i done abit of research on nutes n stuff..after week 2 to 3 i start on light feed..correct me if im wrong..im jus more worried that they might not sprout coz there in the top soil n iv read on GC that when mixd wit water it gets thick..i can get peat free multi purpose compost cheap..should i go for that...i will b defo addein stronger lights...im kinda limited with money but tryin my best...
    thanx again my friend for the quick response...:smoke:

5. as stated in my last reply...i can get multi purpose compost..i understand what u mean by transplant (i think)like jus dig round where i plantd the seedling carefully n put it in the new pot with the new compost...do i mix that perlite stuff up with the compost...but from what i can get il hav the new compost mixd with prelite n topd with top soil????am i wrong??
    thank you sooooooo much for your help lads...keep the info cumin plz

oh n i will update wit pics 2 soon...jus kinda getin used to GC..

6. Try and get some canna coco +.
    Start your seedlings on canna start,
    Feed for 2 weeks on the seedling and cuttings stage, then you get canna A&B go to your local hydroponics shop,
    They will give u alot of advise on selecting the write medium.

7. ok im geting mixd msgs now because the guys above said dont feed them noting for 2 weeks...i also read this on other fourms...but are you trying to say keep them in the top soil but add them nutes n they will grow in the top soil..plus i dont think theres many of them hydro shops here in ireland..that i know of anyway..

8. UPDATE!!!!
    got some silver shiney kinda stuff with my game chair cpl months back so im goin to try cover the inside of the closet with it..was talkin 2 my mother n told her i wantd 2 plant some house plants n garden plants n she really knows what shes talkin bout...well i hope..lol
    So every1,this is my plan..transplant very carefully out of the top soil n add preserved earth wit abit of topsoil..i would like to put the prelite in but dont know where id get that..is prelite jus at the bottom of pot or mixd up wit the soil..
    oh n i got some seeds left but as i said these a indoor seeds n was thinkin bout plantin a seed out my back garden...wise or not...thanx alot guys...id b lost wit out ye..oh n sorry about the book..lol

9. perlite will help you quite a bit if you can get hold of it
    ideally you want 30% perlite, it gives you good drainage and aerates the soil too

dont get the type with nutes in it like miracle gro
    :wave:

10. where would one person get that stuff..is it the same kinda stones in fish tanks??..lol
    i was getin abit worried that they wernt goin 2 sprout but i done 20/4 n jus checkd this mornin n both have began sprouting...im thinkin i should b getin the proper soil now before they get any bigger...
    oh an another thing...that prelite stuff..do i jus mix it up with the soil or hav a layer of it if u get what i mean...thanx again my friend...:smoke:

11. will be update with pics 2nite...oh n can i get a timer thing to plug into my socket adapter to switch the lights on or off coz to do the 20/4 i will hav 2 stay up till 2am n wait till 4am to turn them bak on...

12. yeah it does look like the little stones from a fishtank but its not the same.a lot of premade growing mixes have it in but sometimes not enough.
    perlite is little white pebbles, i have it mixed in only but some people like to have a layer at the bottom of the pot too but if youve got enough mixed in you dont need that.
    where to get it? possibly garden centres might......dunno where you are but for me its homebase which is terrible for what i need, so i always have to order online.you can get it on ebay i thinkthough
    hope this helps
    :wave:

13. Thanx so much bud...you really are saveing my life..lol...
    im in ireland n we got homebase here too...i think..but we do got alot of places like that...
    is it cheap??iv noticed them stones in ppls pics of there plants ud see the pebbels..my top soil is jus soil..so do u think i should get them stones n transplant over 2 a pot wit top soil mixd with prelite..or jus get diff soil??but what about nutes??i know i dont nute till after 2 weeks..but what would u recommend??thanx alot n if u liv in ireland id share my yeild wit ya..lol

14. #14 bubbakush88, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    UPDATE!!!
    3rd day after planting seed and they hav sprouted..
    im in bad need of better soil n stronger cfls...which i will b doin all this week (hopefully) :)

dont know if these links will work..im new to GC so if they dont work could u plz let me know n if you can plz tell me how to get it to show the pic...thanx alot guys

Attached Files:

15. looking good.
    just try and get some perlite to mix in when you repot or buy a ready made mix like biobizz all-mix which has 30% perlite already innit

16. I recently moved houses n i was telling my mother today that i wantd to plant flowers n shit around my house but id say she knew what i was doin..lol...
    anyways she always has plants n flowers round her house...she gave me compost stuff which is alot lighter than the top soil..i jus repotd the plants there b4 i seen this..i didnt put the prelite in it...tho my mother says that the stuff she gave me is proper compost n to mix it with abit of top soil..told me another few tips bout flating the soil round the plant as the air can get in or something...well iv repotd n put sum silver stuff up n round the closet...not exactly sure what it is as i got it with my game chair i bought last year..looks like it will do the job...i really really hope i didnt kill the plants or hurt the roots but i tried my best...il update in a few mins wit pics...thanx naturesforce..its ppl like you who make the world a better place...b bak in abit

17. here is what it looks like now..not really a good pic but still lookin for my cam..
    Is the light too close to the plant or too far??
    new soil from the mother seems 2 be workin fine...thanx :wave:

Attached Files:

18. Just to be safe n hav everything in place n ready to go...
    what nutes n fertilizer would you recommend??
    would you hav a site to get proper lights from...iv being lookin on ebay n they got great stuff but most dont send to ireland..

19. just orderd a 125w CFL Hanger + Grow Light RED and a PLUG and GROW 600w grow light timer relay contactor..in need of the light timer as iv bein stayin up past few nights switchin lights on n off..hope i made the right choice with the light...i already hav the two 23w cfl...1 warm white n not sure of the other...doesnt look like warm white..more like daylight..will this be enuff for my grow??
    will update will more pics 2moro...

20. thanks!
    sounds like your heading in the right direction with the compost

the lights should be fine where they are while your plants are very small, when they grow up a bit you should have em a bit closer (1-2 inch) you can get em really close,especially those low wattage cfl's

the bulbs in the picture sure look like warm white colour 2700k, for the vegetative start of your grow , you really need to switch to daylight colour 6500k for the best start if you can

use the 2700k for flowering
    gud luk:smoke: