Help with my cabinet! [Diagram included]

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by darkstar999, Sep 17, 2007.

1. So I have a new cabinet in my room which I could use some advice on.

Here is a diagram of it (left door closed, right door open)

[​IMG]

I was thinking clones on the top permanent shelf. How many plants can I fit in the bottom area? (which has dimensions of about 4 ft wide, 5 ft tall, 2 ft deep)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to fresh air, but I will cut holes in the back for fans/etc. This will be a soil grow.

So if you would like to help, let me know how you would set up this cabinet. What type of lights? How would you separate veg/flower? Clones on top? Any other comments/suggestions would be great.

2. nice cabinet.
    where did you find that?

3. Vertical lighting with 4 plants, veg 1 week then flower, u'll need a different cab for the mother.. you could do DWC or soil this way.
    [​IMG]
    Draw air from under the cab, through the 2 400W HPS in cool tubes ducted all the way, vent the air out the back or somewhere else. buy a dimmer switch to turn the fan down to a quiet level
    i think you'd get the most outta your space this way.

4. I was thinking clones on the top permanent shelf. How many plants can I fit in the bottom area? (which has dimensions of about 4 ft wide, 5 ft tall, 2 ft deep)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to fresh air, but I will cut holes in the back for fans/etc. This will be a soil grow.

So if you would like to help, let me know how you would set up this cabinet. What type of lights? How would you separate veg/flower? Clones on top? Any other comments/suggestions would be great.[/quote]
    Using only the Cab. you have lets make the shelf area our control room...Fans,Carbon scrubber,Ballasts,...etc.

Next lets put a shelf at 48 inches and attach a 430 SonAgro to the bottom of it that will be the flowering room it will hold 45 flowering plants in a SOG style grow....with a good strain it will put out 78-90 grams dried each week

Next divide the upper part in half by building a wall in the middle one side will have 4 -13 watt CFL's for clones.
    The other side will have a 150 watt MH or 5-42 watt CFL's for the mothers
    I can go on forever with details but you get the Idea ;)

5. lots of different ways to skin a cat, im a big fan of more W, faster growth and bigger yeild.. my set up would require a different smaller cab for clones/veg/ but i would bet you could get 20oz+ every 3 months

6. Seriously? 45 flowering plants in a 4x2x4 foot area?! I had no idea that was possible. I was thinking maximum maybe 9.

7. you'd basicaly be flowering from clone with the 45,... so they would be real small. but it works,

8. No disrespect intended Mordgrow just comparing....:wave:

:D(only using 430 watts to flower vs 800):D

With the SOG set-up it would yield 34.28 Oz's every 3 months min but probably alot more once ya' ran a cycle or two...as ya' can tell I am a HUGE fan of SOG. Very lil' waste also about 10 leaves per .25 oz ;)

9. I would like to see the math in figuring out 34.28 oz per cycle. I thought good efficiency was 1 gram per watt, which would make ~400 grams per cycle, which would not be 34 oz. Am I wrong? I thought 1 gram per watt was pretty much maximum output.

10. Well her we go .....SOG breaks all the rules

The cabinet would hold 45 flowering clones.
    Using a 8 week strain.....you would harvest 5.65 plants per week in a "Perpetual Harvest"....So 5 one week 6 the next and so on...13 - 20 grams per plant so we will figure low and say 13 grams per X 5.65 plants = 73.45 grams per week
    73.45 grams per week X 12 weeks = 881.4grams per 3 months
    881.4 divided by 28 is ....31.47 Oz's
    15 grams would be....36.32Oz's
    17 grams would be ....41.16Oz's
    And so on....;)

11. DWC set up would work great with this too eh?

howmany plants would fit in a 4Lx6Dx8H area?

12. My buddy "RayJay' does it DWC in "Rubbermaids" and we finally agreed on 10 per Res. they are in 20Oz tumblers of HYDRON or what ever that clay stuff is called........he won't stop veggin' fer a week though ...even though his plants are a tangled mess in the end...it works fer' him though....lol

He uses a 7 week strain and Harvests one 430Watt 4'Wx30"Dx4'T box every week.....has fer years so how ever many Containers fit times 10...prolly 90-100

13. so tempting..

our "bad plant #" to be over is 24 for my state though.. maybe i'll do 4 big plants and 15SOG? or something?

i bet its a hell ofa lot easier to manicure too... I'd almsot be forced to use an MH bulb on my mom though, so she's recover fast enough eh?