help with molasses and conductivity

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Booboo1eye, Apr 12, 2011.

1. I've been feeding with H&G and measuring with conductivity instead of ml"s . but i noticed when i add the molasses to the nute solution the conductivity decreases .shouild i add more nutes to bring it back up ?

2. Are you correcting the ph after you add the molasses? I would imagine the ph of a fluid would effect electrical conductivity...

3. +rep no i haven't tried it,but i will now

4. Wow. And this is another reason my molasses sucks balls. Really, Ive been telling people forever that this is a crappy way to grow.

But I didn't know that it fcked up the EC. No good at all.

I would use Bud Candy instead if you're looking for that bloom boost. It's the carbs yoru plants need without the frickuppery that molasses causes. Really, molasses is as crappy as MG.

Use stuff that's designed for growing, not for baking. LOLOL

5. molasses isnt intended for use in a hydroponic medium. If you use soil, it works wonders...as a chelation agent, and feeding microorganisms in the soil

6. I can tell you a molasses dilemma. I was at grocery store and was really baked looking at junk food and the hottie working, I picked up the box of 12 grandmas molasses and set it in the inside of the cart.
    It fell backward as I took off in the cart and they all fell. All Fell at least two foot on the ground. None broke. Thanks Grannies jars

As to post I use Hibrix fermented mollasses, Carboload, Bud candy and grannies mollasses.

??? CAN YOU GIVE TOO MANY CARBS in late flower.