Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help With Medical Marijuana Card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NahawaDoumbia, Jul 19, 2011.

1. First i would like to say hello :D and i would like to thank you all for you're time in advance. I am in the process of obtaining a medical marijuana card but to be able to do so i need to go to a doctor one last time. i have had chronic pain and nausea for 10 years now and i have medical records to prove it. what i am wondering is when i go to the doctors, can i tell them that all i want is to explain to them that i am in pain and have been for 10 years, for them to read my records and then for the doctor to write down on paper that i am still suffering chronic pain and nausea and for me to get a copy of it?? is this completely abnormal? would they question me as to why? would they just do it no questions asked??.

any help would be much appreciated and if there is a dozen other threads just like this i am sorry but i didn't see any

2. What sort of diagnosis and documentation you need to obtain your card varies from state to state:) If you could indicate which state you plan to apply in perhaps I can assist you?

3. well i know what i have qualifies me for a medical marijuana card :D. its just the places that i have called where i will get my card from told me want to see me go to a doctor one more time so i can have documented proof that im still in pain since i only have records from 2004 and then they will get me a card. the problem im having is im not sure how to goto a doctor and tell him that all i want him to do is write down on paper that im still experiencing chronic nausea and pain and than give me that paper. o and the state im applying for is oregon

4. Yup,in Oregon you need three visits. If you're seeing a new doc, then take in your old records with your previous nausea/pain dx, give them to him/her and tell them that this is an ongoing problem which you have failed to obtain ongoing treated for whatever reason (lack of medical insurance, fear of doctors, lack of money, lack of effectiveness of previous treatment etc.-whatever applies to your situation).

Then the doc will examine you and record their findings.

Let them poke at you, get copies of your new records, fax to clinic, done.:)

You do not have to tell your doc you are trying to get an mmj card, you do not need to tell medical records you need copies of your records for a card. Your mmj rec is all between you and the mmj clinic.

Good luck, hope things go well. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.

5. Please review the "do you qualify" sticky thread

6. #6 SIRSOG, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    Sorry will, im re-opening because the question op asked isnt about what qualifies its about how to approach and converse with the doctor to make sure they convey what is going on correctly.

7. So i went to the doctor, got the last bit of information i needed to obtain my medical marijuana card and now there is just one problem left..im worried. Im worried to sign the paper because i don't know what it would mean for me in the long run, am i going to lose my job? am i going to have problems getting a job?? is it going to be impossible for me to do further schooling or to get grants should i need to?. have any of you had these worries before you got you're card? and how did you work through them..

8. #8 tharedhead, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    Since you're in Oregon, you may speak to any number of advocacy groups, the folks at the clinic during your intake...however if its a big worry for you, spending a bit more money and going talk to one of our highly competent MMJ lawyers may help set your mind at ease more fully.

Leland Berger, for example:)

If all you want is some general information just swing by Voter Power or Norml or Oregon Green Free or (?) and have a chat about the intricacies of the program for free (or a few bucks membership fee). The program can be more than a little daunting. Folks in the community are happy to help, there are many, many lawyers and professional advocates wandering around.