Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with me and best friend! :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monkoy11, Mar 2, 2011.

1. So we've been friends since elementary school and we are Juniors in high school now. He had a bad trip a while back and said he would never smoke again. He said he felt as though he was in a cycle as he was walking home and he felt like he was walking in a circle that he couldn't escape. He got really scared. Although, I continued toking alone for a while. Last Friday we talked and I talked to him and I told him that if he did it again that there would be no negative effects because we are gonna do it differently and be in a better environment and he said he would do it.

We were walking home today because we were on our way to my house to have our session. I was telling him about the last time I toked alone and how much fun it was to make him feel like there would be no negative effects. As I am rambling on and on, I told him, "...and I was laughing so hard and I fell on the floor and when I stood back up everything went black( if you know what I'm talking about...when you're on the floor for a long time and you stand up really fast all the blood that was in your legs is trying to run up to your brain and while that is happening all you see is darkness...its normal) and after I saw black I fell to the ground again to stop the darkness! It felt like a cycle and it was really funny!"

After I said that my experience was a "cycle", it triggered the bad trip he had a while ago and he stop and he said he was not going threw with it. He said that after I said it was a "cycle" it made him afraid of toking again. We just walked to my house and I tried everything I could to tell him that nothing bad would happen like his last bad trip. He told me that I should stop smoking and that I should understand how he feels and respect it, and I do. Although, I really like letting go for a while and getting high after I have finished all my homework so I don't worry about anything and can listen to music and just a have a good time. He begged me to stop smoking and I told him I'm thinking about it.

I am completely stuck now. I have no idea what to do, so I'm asking your guys for help. What should I do? Please help...:(

2. just smoke if you want. if he doesnt want to then thats his choice. maybe after awhile he might get back into it but dont push him

3. tell him if he expects you to respect his feelings about smoking he should respect yours.

4. your friend sounds like a herbie fully loaded, are you in the choir

no but really it kinda hard

but when you grow older people choose different paths in lives,

To be honest I've never had a friend who didn't smoke weed

except of course in elementary school in what not

so i can't relate

5. Sounds Iffy Idk friend ship is great and if you truly understand him he should truly understand that you have a good reason for toking(which I hope you do) but if he doesnt want to toke dont pressore him just let it be and don't ruin your friend ship

6. You should tell him that YOU (as in you, teh OP) dont have to stop in order to respect HIS feelings. Just dont push him, if the time comes, then it will happen and you SHOULD be well prepared.

7. Tell him to stop being a bitch & hit this blunt.

/thread

8. Check him like O dog did Caine on menace to society. be like "you know wat *****, you acting like a lil bi&th right now ***** you acting real paranoid and sh!t Now you bout to stop smoking over one bad trip?! You acting like a lil bitch right now man fuck that hit this shit". Then he should go for it

9. ^
    btw op its not the blood in your legs running to your head. lol

10. if he gives you crap for it tell him it's your choice not his, just because he had a bad trip doesn't mean you will. I do the exact same thing you do,

I'm doin that right now :smoke:, you obviously seem like you have your stuff down, tell him to be chill about it

11. I feel bad for doing this, but somebody was eventually going to bring attention to this quote. Bring on the "How old are you OP?" posts.

As for your friend, he needs to chill the fuck out and just get high with you. He's acting like weed is acid or shrooms.

12. plenty of fish in the sea to toke with my man, dont pressure him into it if he doesnt want to man :cool:

13. You can respect his wishes of not smoking. But tell him he needs to respect the fact that you want to smoke, it doesn't go one way. It's either both ways or neither ways. And if he cant understand that i'd recommend getting a new friend.

14. This is the essence of it. He isn't going to toke again until he is ready. It's fine to push it a LITTLE, just to see whether his mind has changed. But ultimately he isn't going to smoke if you force the issue.

You need to explain to him that weed is different for everybody. Some people (like yourself) use it for relaxation, others for spiritual means, others to escape reality for a few hours. But for some (like your friend), the experiences can be frightening and it isn't until you've experienced it that you can understand.

If you can understand that and take it on board, then you'll see that in his own time he will smoke again. He also needs to see that he is one of the unlucky ones that experiences unpleasant effects from marijuana. Whereas you, one of the millions (too hopeful to say billions...?) of people all over the world who use marijuana with minimal problems, shouldn't be obliged to stop because of someone else's misfortune. You gotta come across the right way though. Tell him that he is quite welcome to question your marijuana usage if your grades start slipping or get into trouble with the police etc. But as long as you can maintain your life, then it is not an issue.

You both gotta come at this like adults. Respect each other's wishes. Yet stand true to your beliefs.

15. Don't pressure him into it, but smoke if you want to.