Help with making dispensary quality bho/shatter

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ThirdEyeGlassGallery, May 24, 2015.

1. Hey GC Fam,
    I've recently just gotten all the necessary equipment needed to make my own concentrates.  I have a two stage vac pump and also a fisher scientific vac oven.  I've made about 5 differen't runs of wax, and every time I try to get a shatter quality outcome, i always get a waxy/shattery texture that doesn't look too good. 
    Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong with my purging process.  I've read countless forums and have watched just about every youtube video on how to purge, so any advice would greatly be appreciated.
    After blasting my bho and scraping it onto parchment paper, I toss it in the vac oven at about 32*-35* degrees Celsius.  I then turn on my two stage vac pump till it reaches 29 HgIn.  I then would leave the pump turned on for about 30 minutes and after the "muffining" and bubbling stops, I release the pressure from the vac oven, then I put the pressure back up to 29 HgIn and will do this about 2-3 times till most the bubbling/muffining stops.  Then I turn off the vacuum pump and I let it my bho sit in the vac oven for 24 hours at the same 32*-35* degree Celsius temperature.  
    How long do you usually leave your vac pump actually turned on?
    Is my material still safe to dab and medicate with, even though it doesn't look pretty?
    Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

2. Just pull a vacuum and LEAVE IT. Or at least pull a full vacuum, let it go for about 20-30 minutes then close the vacuum valve and turn your pump off. Leave it under a vacuum on 85-95 degrees Fahrenheit for a couple days at least.

I purge till I see no rainbow colored bubbles, and no more reaction at the final heat I feel its ready at.

Try getting a smaller round pyrex dish (salsa bowl size) and transfer your wax into the dish.. Whip it up and let it sit on JUST heat (100 Fahrenheit) for a few hours. If it was better material it should turn into a bomb budder type consistency.

3. Right after hot bath, and just a little heat purge to get ready for a vacuum.. I messed up and had my heat set wayyy too high so this nug run darkened a little at first glance and it turned sappy.. So I purged it a couple days regular on parch. Then transfered it to this pyrex. I whipped, and left on heat for a day. Looks mad beautiful when you scoop up a dab, but on the outside it looks a bit dark. Deceivingly BOMB

Attached Files:

4. How many times do you reach a full vacuum purge? and when muffining/bubbling occurs do you release the pressure to let the muffining/bubbling go down or do you just let the muffining/bubbling stop over time with a full vac?  I think my main problem might be that I'm doing 2-3 full vacuum purges (allowing my vac oven to reach 29 HgIn then releasing the pressure to 0 HgIn) in an hour, and i feel like thats what is messing up the quality of my product.

5. I think you are aggitating it more than need be, if not then your not letting it really reach a full nice vacuum pull.. I pull a full vacuum everytime I vac it, obviously except if the muffin gets tooooo big to where its going to expand off my parch or touch the inside of the chamber. But I usually heat purge enough before the first vac pull that it doesnt expand to big often.

Only release a vac when you are going to flip your slab. Other than that you want to be pulling or holding a vac with heat until its done. The only time I keep heat purging after a vacuum is to try to make the slab look sexier.. Touching it up lol.