Help With Lights Fan Wiring/ Where To Order Seeds

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 90civicdrag, Jul 24, 2006.

1. <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1> just wondering i read a while back from a newganjaboy that built a cabinet with 4, 18 in 15 watt a piece 60 total watts for the mothering room and a 150 hps security light for the flowering room which he claimed he bought all at home depot. well he had good detail except for these few things but i went to home depot and lowes and found neither a 18 fluresent light nor even a floreesent 15 watt bulb at all. i also looked for a 150 hps light and could not find one. was i looking in the wrong places? WHERE CAN I GET THEM? AND HE ALSO said to buy a 2 gang box for the electrical stuff but im new tro this and have no idea if i needf like a 15 amp to 20 amp for every two switch piece. or is thqt not enough. iom running a daytona 148 cfm blower and both of those light setups (provided i find them) and i also would like to know what the difference is between hps and fluorescents and how the affect grow differently. im also new to the whole growing thing and id like to know where to order seeds from coming to the us. ive heard that northen lights seeds are the best first time grower seeds. is this true. i would greatly appreciate any and all help thanks,
    just another person trying toi get high

2. Lowes and Homedepot are big stores. Don't be in a hurry when shopping. Make some time to look around and ask questions.

Lowes has both items your looking for.
    Here is the 18" florescent bar:

Here is the 150w HPS outdoor light:

The light bar is ready to go, plug and all. But that HPS lamp will need some wiring. I don't like to hard wire any of my stuff. I loves electric plugs. I like to just unplug it then move or replace anytime I feel the need. In order to do this, you have to attach a cord and plug to your light (or fan, thermostat, pump, ect.). First lets talk about a gang box.
    A gang box is a location for wires to be tied togather or outlets to be installed. Most common use is the outlets in your house or the light switches.

Here is a single and double gang box. They come in plastic or metal. Note: they have a million sub-types due to different construction needs.
    [​IMG]

Here is a lamp I had in my first clone room.
    [​IMG]

I attached a cord and plug to it using an extension cord, strain relief cord connector, and two wire nuts.
    [​IMG]

Almost anything electrical comes with a place to install a "strain relief". If not just get out the drill.
    [​IMG]

Cut the receptacle end (female) off the extension cord. Strip the wires about a 1/4". and thread it through the stain relief.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not everything requires a ground wire (green). This plastic lamp has none. If it was made of metal it would have one or I would attach the green wire anyplace on the metal housing with a screw. If its like this plastic one, just cut the wire off and out of the way.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The wires will be color coded. Black, white, and green. attach alike colors and install the wire nuts. Make sure the wire nut is real tight. Give it a tug or two and make sure it's solid.
    [​IMG]

Test it while standing in a metal tub of water<---Joking:eek:
    [​IMG]

They make strain reliefs in metal and plastic and in a few sizes. Make sure your extension cord will thread through it before you buy it. I like the plastic ones with the round insides.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You can even make a gang box that is plug and play. I made one for my water pump. My pump needed a rheostat (dimmer switch).
    [​IMG]

This might have been more then you wanted to know.
    Good Luck, R

3. How do mount the HPS lamp at Lowes!??!

4. I would not mount it at Lowes. I would take it home first.

5. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D EH!!

I do you mount this lamp in your closet? :)