Help with lighting plz

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bubble bobble, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Anyone no what type of strip light should I use in my cloning station:confused:
    Thanx in advance:)

2. $10.00 shop lites from you mall, 4 feet are the best, or 24 inch if you have too, hang them on chains 2-4 inches from the tops, if warm have a small fan on

peace
    "V"

3. Bubble: I think that's going to depend a lot on how you're set up. In my little 3' by 3' cloning tent I have a single 100 watt curly-cue 5,000K CFL suspended from a 10" spun aluminum hood from The Home Depot to keep 'mom' in a vegetative state. If I had more than one mother plant in there I'm sure I'd need more but this works well for me.

In my little 2' by 4' by 6 1/2' grow tent I have a power strip 4' long that I bought from Harbor Freight Tools. It's rated at 1800 watts and it has about eight outlets. I never have used more than three. One for the two T-5 fixtures that are daisy chained together, one for the fan with the carbon filter and one for the oscillating fan that I use when they're babies. You might want to take a closer look at T-5's for vegging and cloning. I hope that helps. Hank