Help with latest BHO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by brightgreen, Mar 13, 2013.

1. #1 brightgreen, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    Background:

Recently received about a 5gal bucket (dry) of this "trim" from my caregiver. It was dried over a week and cured in a few jars for 5 days (and counting). For some unknown reason he left fan leaves and sticks in it, but about 1/3 of the material does have trich's on it. trim.jpg

Upon seeing the volume of trim I had to go out and buy a new toy. Fully packed it yields about 5g of BHO with 2 cans of gas(Vector). Keep in mind this is with the very bad trim. With buds from the same caregiver I yeild 1-1.2g per small tube and half can. tube.jpg

Here is some of the BHO that came out of this trim. The darker, shinier oil has been purged an extra time after drying, and the more tan peanut butter texture blob is purged once then whipped. all.jpg

All my previous bho from buds always came out the yellow color, but with shine and harder texture. From the trim it really wants to be a softer texture.

I know potency is just fine. I made hash pills with 20g of this bho (50mg bho per cap), and the effects were truly overwhelming. My brother in law had to stop for an hour and a half on his way home after taking one, and I went into slow motion mid dab when the two I took hit :smoking:

My problem is that when smoked out of the dabber or even crumbled into a joint, its nearly too "sharp" or harsh to smoke :(

Before my bho was always so smooth that my dad, my brother in law, and myself will sit around doing .1 dabs in a row till everything we made is gone without a single cough.

This last round almost made me puke when I tried a .1 :mad:

I've tried everything. Picking the stems/fan leaves out of the trim. Freezing the trim. Purging 3+ times. Using the mesh filters that came with the tubes and tried coffee filters. It doesn't sparkle when direct flame comes in contact, and when dropped onto a pyrex dish over hot water for 20+ min it doesn't bubble. Also tried running some through the dehydrator.

I'm about to make some bubble hash, and them mix that with some trim to see if it makes it any smoother. Please halp :confused::confused::confused:

Attached Files:

• bho.jpg
      bho.jpg
      File size:
      296.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Good idea at the end to just make it into bubble hash, but why would you ever mix the grade A hash with doodoo shake, you just went to all the trouble to take the good stuff off of the bad stuff and you wanna remix it?
    Let me tell you that some weed just isn't worth putting anywhere near a solvent, and the shake you have is definitely that, so with that said you should just make bubble, generally if it makes bho that tastes like shit and its not ground up, then it's a perfect candidate for bubble

3. Yeah I got about 1.5g of not so good bubble from what I would have gotten 5g of this bho. Even though the bho is harsh as hell and tastes like garbage, its still worth about 40$ a g.

Taking about 1200$ worth of bho in trim and making 3 or 4g of bubble isnt an option lol

4. But everything that's in your bho that gives it weight is everything that you don't want...
    If your only getting 1 gram with bubble, and 5 grams with bho when using the same amount then that means 4/5th's of your extraction is chlorophyll, waxes, sugars, nutrients, plant material, or basically anything else inside the plant the you do not want, nobody is going to buy wax for $40 grams If its that low quality, just sayin bro, just because it was made with a method that involves butane, it doesn't make it $40 a gram.

5. #5 brightgreen, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    Yeah it just wont happen cause you say it wont lol. Its going as fast as I can make it, I was just wondering if I could make it a little smoother for my personals lol :rolleyes:

Im also pretty sure just cause I did a run of bubble doesn't mean I got 100% of anything usable, bro. I'm fairly certain bubble just knocks trich's off the plant material, where as butane acts as a solvent. That alone would mean BHO extracts more then bubble bags, including things like more cbd's and whatever the oils for taste are called...turpines or something

and by your reasoning the bho i have is less pure then the buds i was running

6. That's great the supply of oil in your area is low but that doesn't make it acceptable to produce such low quality bho. The fact you only want to perfect your own, personal stash and not what you're distributing is fucked.

7. Well as I said before bro, solvents extract more than just THC and he majority of what you have is in fact not THC, but the stuff that gets knocked off during bubble bag extraction is the good stuff

8. Yes because wasting hours and killing profits to "spread the love, mann" is a GREAT business decision. if it was a problem people would go pay 65+ a g for the same oil to someone else. Goes along the same lines of just cause someone is selling heroin, doesn't meant they're sticking the needle in your arm. It's YOUR decision.

If you were a short order cook would you cook everyone else's burger as carefully as yours? maybe ask them what seasoning they like and take extra time/effort for no extra payment? No, you would work according to how you're being payed.

Blunt you have a point, 2/3 of this material is fan leaves and stem. I said that in the op. I'm not expecting perfect. My point still remains valid that two identical ounces of buds would yield more weight of bho then bubble hash.

I was asking for any suggestions on making it a little smoother, and maybe there was something particular about the look of it that indicated something wrong in my process. I tried a vacuum purge and a fresh screen filter and it helped a little, but not much.

I ask this because I used 5g of buds to do a run and it did not come out like when I used to run buds. Not as bad as the trim but it was dark and harsh(ish), nothing like the golden yellow shatter that we used to be able to rip .1's and up of :confused::confused: There is legitimately NO difference in prior bud runs to this one. Same bud supplier, same tube, same (fresh) screen, same gas, same purge technique, same pyrex dish even :mad:

9. #9 Im blunter, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    My point is this, anyone who has ever smoked hash will not smoke what your producing if they taste it, because i guarantee that your hash is a really fuckin harsh smoke and if your caregiver gave you shake then he/she probably intended for you to make something MEDICINAL out of it like edibles or bubble, not black tar bho...