Help with insect identification

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BarnabyStones, Sep 17, 2013.

1. #1 BarnabyStones, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of insect this is, and whether it's harmful or beneficial.

He was just chillin' out basking in the light on the tip of a leaf, initially I thought it was just some dirt.

It's very small, maybe 2-3mm or 1/8"

I think I will name him Brutus, or I will smash him, whichever you tell me to do!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Kill Him.....Smash his body into the palm of your hand , then SMEAR his remains into the thigh of your jeans, ....just in case your thrip is carrying a virus or even harmful bacterium

To prevent more hurtful episodes on GC, use Neem 1x time per month ....just to save your pants.....oh and plants  lol

3. I thought maybe it was a thrip but there's so many different photos I've seen.  Thanks for the help!

After looking at THIS I now see that it's clearly a thrip!  I love neem, so I'll give that a shot.

Unfortunately this is a brand new setup, and I was just doing some testing on a new stealth chamber.

I knew I shouldn't have purchased average soil at wally world, that's probably where he came from.

Do they tend to cause infestations or could it be a random occurrence?

4. #4 Vee, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    Do they tend to cause infestations or could it be a random occurrence?
    See this as a ramdom occurance,....until the stud finds his babe then you may have an orgy at your babes expence ...lol

Neem 1x time per month ...for good bug and mold defense