Help with indoor set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shamrock75, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I know this is a very broad question but I need help setting up my first indoor grow as of right now I have a room a newly sprouted seed and one red led light that my friend gave me for free I know not much but can u guys tell me what definitely will need I know for sure I wanna do a soil grow and want to go as organic as possible any help would be much appreciated

2. Do you mean an actual red light bulb? If you are referring to one of the colored party bulbs, then I doubt it is in the right spectrum for growing. Incandescent lights also put out a low amount of lumens for the wattage used and heat put out. If you want the cheapest route, look in to cfl's with a 6500k color rating. From what most here say, you want 100 actual watts (not equivalent) minimum for the first plant.

3. No no it's a red led bulb meant for growing and by Cfls you mean the lights you can get at home depot?

4. Yes, the cfl's you can get at home depot, walmart, just about any store that sells bulbs now. I've heard bad things about the "plant bulbs" like the one you are speaking of but have no idea on what the color rating or lumen output is on one of those.

5. I'm doing 1 bubble berry plant and this is slowly becoming a great hobby how many bulbs do u think I need

6. I have no idea man, I am sure one of the cfl guys will chime in.

7. At least 5 20w cfl's.

100 actual watts, and 50w per plant extra. Read kamels cfl guide, it's a sticky at the top and is obviously top-notch.

8. I went to my grow shop and there trying to sell me a light that comes with the reflector and has a ballist contained in it would this be a better choice