Help with hydro system...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Buddy Burns, Jul 28, 2012.

1. So I have run into a little problem with my setup...

Right now, I have my 4x8 tent in about a 6'x11' area... I was planning on using the Ebb and Gro bucket system, but the problem is that I won't be able to fit the reservoir outside of the tent, it would have to be inside with the plants... which I don't want to do because I am running 2x 1000w and I need all of the space for the plants.

I would like to hear some suggestions as to what you guys think would be a better hydro system, or if I am better off just using the Ebb and Gro with the reservoir inside the tent.

2. Well what kind of res you using???
    The 55gal pickle barrels???

No way to have the res on the other side of the room's wall and run 2 lines through the wall??
    If you add that res in the tent, you better have a res chiller or you're going to have issues with res temps..

3. Yes, the 55 gal barrel... I haven't bought the system yet, but was planning on it.

I'm limited on space, I have a tent inside a walk-in closet, which is the issue... I can get the res outside of the tent, but the way it is setup won't allow me to ever move the res once its in there and setup... however, I suppose that I could use a hose and a pump to fill and empty it since it is only about 10 feet from my sink.

I'm debating on doing it that way, or just getting a smaller hydro system that can fit inside the tent

4. Well you're going to find the res change hard...
    Because you're going to have to pump it out, so you're only going to get the water level so low before you lose suction..
    You'll have to do the pump as you fill to flush out the res in a nute change....
    Not the best way but it works....

Again, if there is a way to put the 55gal in another room and have just the controller in the tent's room...
    You would have to get larger pumps with more head lift because you're dealing with more hose...
    But I've done it that way and it works...

Or you could just go DWC or an rDWC with a header tank and low flow pump... :confused_2: