Help with heat please !!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FeelingTheHealng1202, Jun 9, 2017.

1. I have a 2'4'5' tent and I can't keep temps under control running two 300 watt leds pics and more to come

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think you mean you have a 4'x2'x5'. I have one as well with 4 300w lights in it and i dont have much trouble keeping it cool. 4" inline fan takes care of a tiny tent like that.

3. Same size tent I've got ....I run two 300w LED's with a 4" inline fan and a couple small fans for circulation....temps stay about 80 degrees

4. How hot is it outside your tents!?! 80 degrees seems like a lot for just 2 300w lights.

5. Sorry should have clarified, that's without my window unit a/c running in that room....room temp is bout 76....it hasn't been that hot around here lately so haven't had to run the AC...when it runs temps in the tent stay bout 74 lights on...room temp bout 72

6. 74 with lights on? Thats perfect. Whats the problem

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I'm not the original poster, I don't have any issues with heat lol....I just commented on the post because I have the same size tent and couldn't understand his issue either

8. Sorry I work weird hours trying to get some pics I do have a 4 inch booster fan maybe I just don't have it in the right spot the hottest it's been is 97 and my hydro suffered

9. Only running one light right now.

10. Do u have an Inline fan to help exhaust the heat out of the tent?

11. Are you venting out of the room the tents in and do you have a fan near one of the bottom openings and less length of duct and less corners offers better air flow and most carbon filters reduce airflow.

12. This is kinda the ideal setup 1497052696680.png

13. Semi rigid duct is better shorter distance the more air youll exchange faster and less work on the inline or booster

14. I have a 4 inch booster fan bringing air in all bottom vents are open and a fan about mid tent and a true air purifier with carbon filter in the tent don't have a carbon filter with fan and ducting yet

15. The booster fan should be drawing air out, not in.

16. U can use the booster fan as either, they are mainly used to carry airflow in between long stretches of ducting...so for a grow u can use it either way....but until u actually get a true inline exhaust fan, your gonna deal with heat issues

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. So if I turn the fan around that would help

18. The led that is off is the one that puts out the most heat but it is a beast at growing just wish it was cooler

19. Hey but thank y'all so much. love this forum group y'all are always so helpful and has anyone grown autos before I know I should start a new one for this but I just want to know how long they take usually only have a few more months in this house and I'm moving don't want to get to flower and have to stop them short