help with growth of plant.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by skyhigh0311, Feb 4, 2009.

1. i have recently just germinated my seeds that i will be planting and i think i may have started the grow to soon. i wont be able to keep the plants in the house once they get about a foot tall. i was wondering if there was a way to slow the growth of the plant without affecting yield and or plant health.

2. You could keep it under a small floro tube or a couple of CFLs, similar to keeping a mother plant in veg. About all I can think of....

3. You got like three more months though before it's good to put it outside bro, I don't think it will do too well in a small pot under a fluro under then, but I'm new to growing.
    Can someone more experienced explain how this would to work out if you were to grow inside until the last frost then plant outside? Would it just continue to grow bigger until the light cycle changes and it's forced in to the flowering stage? Because from I have read the reason people specifically plant right at the last frost is because that's when marijuana will naturally grow and at just the right time the light cycle changes and it's told to go into flowering.

4. #4 Corto Malteze, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
    Veg indoors is used for people who have a shorter growth period. Taken out after the last frosts, they just grow some more and flower towards the middle of the summer as any mj plant.

Or indoors is used to trigger flowering artificially with 12/12. If taken out not too early, (beg. summer), the plants will continue flowering earlier than the natural flowering time (August here). So people with cold climate get a head start like that.

Or indoors to select only females.

Or indoors to grow healthy plants until taken out at 2 ft to veg some more and be stronger.

I just wait and do it all outdoors as I have a large grow window (like California). May-Fall.