Help with growbox

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by abnormldood, Jan 19, 2009.

1. #1 abnormldood, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
    So I plan on venturing into the world of DWC hydroponics, but I am not so intuitive on dimensions and such, so any help from a seasoned grower would be awesome. I don't plan on going over $600 on this setup if that's possible, which is why I'm going to try to build almost everything from scratch to save money instead of commercial products. I have 2 30-gallon Sterilite bins and will be using one as a veg chamber(10 3" net pots), and I plan on separating each chamber with plexiglass to keep the roots separate until I determine sex, then I will move them to the other bin(6 5" net pots) for the remainder of the grow. I ordered 10 Alaskan Ice seeds from GHS and want to get the most out of the 6 best females. Now, on everyone's opinion, what should I make the dimensions of the box, how much lighting, etc?? I may also do SCROG to limit the height of the plants, maximize yield, lighting, etc. Any info would be much appreciated!! PS Stealth is NOT an issue(I live by myself). Hopefully, if all goes well, my first hydro grow will be a booming success!!

Smoke weed e'ryday!!:smoke:

2. Hey bro - I realize you tried to put a lot of info in that post, but honestly you left out the most important factor: What is your size limit?

Without that - I'd say the deminsions of your box should be 20ft x 20ft with a ceiling of 10ft to allow light movers, ducting and the plants to really get hefty.

3. #3 abnormldood, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    I really don't have a set dimension, though, I am on a bit of a budget. However, I was thinking something like 4'x4'-4'x6'. Main reason I didn't put dimensions is I don't know much about SCROGing yet and I'm unsure of how big it should be to maximize my yield.