Help With Grow Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WestSideWeedMan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Hello, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Couple of Questions-<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I am about to begin my first grow (hopefully) and it's going to have to be a stealth grow. I'm not really limited in space as I have a full attic to work with that is in my bedroom but, I want to keep it small. <o:p></o:p>
    I germinated 3 seeds for the hell of it out of some bomb weed and when 2 sprouted I decided to plant them. I had waited to long and they were already about an inch long but, I put them in some small plastic pots with zoodoo and soil. I know its not very good but, even if they die i can get other seeds very quick, either way I want to start a grow room. I hope at least 1 is female.<o:p></o:p>
    The attached picture is what I want to use for a light (size 15 shoe next 2 it). As you can see I had to cut the wire to get the actual light part off the 5ft stand and re-attach it with those twist things. I guess I would puts 3 little fluorescents in it right? Like http://www.homedepot.com/?? I would then hang it from the rafter or if that's not safe inside a grow box or something... Would a growbox in the attic be a good idea?<o:p></o:p>
    In my attic right now there's no floor. I plant to lay some wood with plastic down but, will it be safe to have a light up there un monitored with all that insulation that is laying around and probably flammable as hell? <o:p></o:p>
    Ferts will come from this zoodoo that I got. Its made at the Woodland Park Zoo in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> from like animal crap. Basically an organic fert right? Am I really going to want to use some other 1s 2? <o:p></o:p>
    Q's numbered for you- <o:p></o:p>
    #1. Would I puts 3 little fluorescents in my fixture?<o:p></o:p>
    #2. Would it be safe to have that light up in my attic with all that insulation and stuff? <o:p></o:p>
    #3. Would a growbox in the attic be a better idea than growing openly in the attic? If so suggestions please.<o:p></o:p>
    #4. Any other ferts I'm really going to want want?<o:p></o:p>
    #5. Any input or suggestions on my setup or something I'm missing?<o:p></o:p>

The attached

Attached Files:

2. Time for me to go to sleep(after I smoke up of course). I'll be back in the morning to check for replies.
    thx guys! :wave:

3. Bump. Can anyon help me out here :confused:

4. I'm a newbie, but I wouldn't leave the insulation bare dewd, it only takes for you to be watering your plants and a bit go on the hot bulb and BAM u gotta small explosion in your face and a spark has just landed on the insulation! You'd be screwed dewd!
    I'm growing in an easily accesible room, and I have a smoke alarm at the top of my growcab and a fire extinguisher on the wall next to it, cos you never know. ;)

5. I have an open attic grow and all is fine, I live in Ohio and grow during the dark hours to counter act the cold. I have put up some black and white plastic but it's still open.

Never had a problem but then I only grow Lowryders and I do not use a HID, only envirolites.

6. In my opinion there is no need for a grow box considering the location of your grow unless there is a need for serious smell paranoia. With the amount of smoke that you will be growing and the amount of light/ energy that will be provided to the plants i dont really think there is much need for smell control.

You have a full attic with nothing in it i was wondering why you are going the cfm route? Cfms are usually used when there is an issue with power consumption, stealthness or a need to get it built for cheap.

If you do go with cfm i would really suggest going with the strain that TheTulip is using on her current grow it looks very nice at 24 days and using a taller growing strain with such a small amount of light i dont think would be a very good idea.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/118029-my-24-day-old-lowryders.html

7. Now I've realized that there is no power up there. I am going to have to find a way to get power there and i have no idea how. I've made a very stealth grow box that will last for like 3 weeks of growth or so out of a cooler, comp fan and a halogen desk lamp until i get my big operation set up.