Help with grow box setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kaileythetoker, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Hi! I'm brand new to the gc community but have been reading for a very long time.  I've never grown before but would like to start.  I'd like to do a small grow of 3 plants. But I have some questions.  My plan for my grow box is a rubbermaid bin setup, 2 stacked on top of eachother so I can have some stealth from my roomate.  My questions are; will this setup be large enough for 3 plants or should I separate them into 3 different grow boxes? My next question is confirming the watts and lumens for each plant.  I will be using CFL's and I've heard everything from 100 watts per plants minimum to 250 watts a plant minimum, and 3500 lumens during veg then 4000 during flowering per plant, opinions? As for a fan would a small household fan work? Or will I have to hookup a fancy rig? If so, an in depth explanation would be greatly appreciated! Finally what do you suggest for soil and nutrients? Thank you! All replies are greatly appreciated!

2. to get it out of the way, rubbermaid bins are not going to be to stealthy when the plants start putting out an odor.

3. I use two rubbermaid totes ontop of each other for a veg "room"   I currently have three plants in there but I wouldn't recommend flowering three in there.  I have a HUGE 5 gallon bush taking up almost all the rubbermaid(waiting to pull one outta flower tent to move this one in), has a mother in a 1 gallon, and next gen flower in 1 gallon (in 5 gallon once other 5 gallons gone)  and I repeat cycle.

If your flowering in a rubbermaid, I'd use a 90w LED ufo, low heat, great output.  I use 4x 23w cfl 6500k for my veg room, does enough and makes node space super tight.  But you will eventually run into smell issues.  Marijuana plants put off slight odor when not in flower, but smell potent when in flower to where people will smell it.  Before i bought a carbon filter for my tent(4ftx2ft), I was venting my smell/heat into my attic which you could have smell'd nextdoor, so beware  your main factors of stealth are the noise, smell, light.