help with grow box pics with post

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GIMpy12, Dec 24, 2004.

1. So i found these two old big speakers im thinking about making a stealth grow box out of them have a parent that knows i smoke but keeps out of my room and rarely gos in. Will it work any help/suggestions will we much appreciated 1st time grower. and high everyone!

Attached Files:

2. yea dude it could work. that isnt very tall so you would have to keep your plants short and you would prolly need to get some cfls (compact flourescent lights) which are those twisty or U shaped light bulbs that are energy saving. and then drill a hole for a fan so you can get some ventilation. but i would look for somthing bigger to grow in. while you grow in the speaker. look for a cabinet or somthin

3. im in the process of moving if i were to stay here i would have two huge crawl spaces that you need to go threw my room to get into and parents dont go in there nor use it its about a room thats about 4 feet tall and 5 by 5 :( i wish i were staying here

4. also whats a good strand that is short and more bushy i dont want a tree bursting out of my speaker
    EDIT: SO MANY QUESTIONS will it get kinda dank smelling in my room? easy ways of masking it? thinking about just getting one of those air fresheners that spray when they detect something funny

5. well i was looking for the same thing. and since i am relativly new to growing i was looking for somthin pretty sturdy. what i did was buy afghani from seedsdirect.com and they sent me 10 free hindu kush x white giant 2 seeds. so i was happy. i havent planted them yet but they are supposed to be low growing, bushy, pretty good yield, and a very tough plant. but i think they are mixed with skunk which is pretty stinky. the only problem you should have with smell is when its flowering. and i have heard about putting a pan of vinegor out and thats supposed to help alot with the smell. im sure a sprayer think would do the trick. but yea skunk is smellier then some other strains so if smell is a huge problem then i wouldnt go with that. i actually like the smell, its kinda spicy. and if you are looking for someplace to order from try seedsdirect.com. the package is discreet and you get free seeds.

6. for the smell, i couldnt stand the smell of vinegar... read up on carbon scrubbers... and as for light i'd either get a little 70w hps security light and conv. it to remote ballast.. or pack atleast 80+ watts worth of CFLs in there... in that amount of space i'd start like 4 plants and keep the healthiest female, veg it, take atleast 10 clones, then flower 4 plants in there when they get to be about 6" tall (tie down the branches while their yound to get them to bush out a little)... :hippie: