Help With GERMINATION!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AceUpMySleve, Nov 20, 2017.

1. SO im comming up on the 13th hour of my 4 feminized seeds in cups of water, they have all sank as of the 9th hour however they look the same as when i first put them into the water, also the waters is pure water not tap water since my ph meter wasnt working.

I had bought some starter plugs that are alot like rapid root and am about to transfer but im not sure if i want to use these.... OR use a peper towel and soil them after method. i had heard the rapid rooters dont really break down and im worried about main stem stress in my plants as well as overall end result quality ive read mixed things on them.

im planning to do a 8-9 week flower since thats what the strain called for(white widow & green poison). whats the BEST method i can use to see the maximum germination rate ( not to worried about that with these since they are feminized seeds and appeared in good condiditon no cracks etc. ) in also the quickest time, HELP SOON PLEASE APPROACHING 14TH HOUR IN T-55 minutes !. ( if it helps to know i have a humidity dome too with the rapid rooters and if this is the best method should i mist them or let them be in the dome alone room temp 75 F 44% humidity. ) THANKYOU !!!!! FIRST TIME GROWER!!!

-SIDE NOTE I HAVE MORE SEEDS TO GERMINATE AS WELL

2. soon as the seeds have sunk put them in damp paper towels till you have a descent tap root.

• Like Like x 1
  3. you want like 80% humidity for young plants if possible. once my tap root is out i plant my seeds in small pots and put cling film over the pots so it creates a really humid place. they sprout quicker this way ( in my opinion)

4. Any specific conditions for the room ?

5. i have the rapid rooter should i wait to put them in the rapid rooter till they have sprouted the root or should i even use the rapid rooter at all? i have ahumidity dome too so

6. warm humid place , its called weed for a reason.....

7. never used rapid rooter , im on my first grow im about 4 weeks off harvest .

week 4.5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. i meant specific as in SPECIFIC temperatures ik some people have differnt ranges they use

9. nice, i have them set up at 60% humidty and 72 F and climbing in my humidity dome i put the 3 seeds in serperate papertowels in their and their on a table half way stickin out over a heater im constantly checking the levels.

10. Not sure where you heard that. This stem doesn't seem stressed.
    lollipop.JPG
    Dude, you need to relax. If you're getting this worked up about the amount of minutes a seed has been in water, you're going to have a nervous breakdown before the plant flowers. Lol.
    Soak the rapid rooter in a weak bloom solution pH'd to 6.0, stick the seed in the hole, and put it in a drawer.
    lollipop.JPG images.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. just put them in paper towels, i had one in the rapid rooter but moved it to paper towel, so now all 4 are in the humidity dome germinating. i will run my jack 47 in rapid rooters and see how they work

12. Welcome and good luck with your grow. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I put my seeds in a cup of water on a reptile heating mat in a cabinet for 24 hours. Then plant in soil, they show a small tap root after 24 hours every single time for me. Easy peezy lemon squeezy

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks M8!
    Thanks M8 will give this ago with my others. but i also was cautioned not to leave them in waters over 18 hours because they might drown

15. I've heard not to go over 36 hours. I've had 100% success rate with this method

• Like Like x 1
  16. thankful

17. i will try your method and post my results along with a detailed log !

18. Right on make sure you tag me so I can see your results. I'm actually bout to germinate one myself

• Like Like x 1
  19. it will be in the thread for beginners

20. There's three things seeds need to germinate. Moisture, warmth and oxygen. I usually soak seed in water for 18-24 hours in a warm dark area. After that they go straight in the soil. I can never wrap my head around the whole paper towel thing. The soil does the same thing and once it sprouts you don't have to mess with it again. To each his own. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1