help with flow and grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nasty Nate P, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I have a 55 gallon reservoir and I heard or read that I should change it every 10 to 14 days. Is this accurate or should I wait till my ppms are going out of control

2. I dont have experience with hydro setups, so dont take my word for it ...

But after doing a 3-4 minutes google search on it, i saw a few posts on here, many on roll it up, having experienced growers claiming 10-14 was for the best results.

3. I think the reason nutrient companies suggest to change the nutrients is because "mix" will be different after certain period of time . Light can have effect on metals in your nutes,plants might eat more of "that",also after adjusting PH levels, concentration of acid can get somewhat high as well..... I hope you got the point . I am using Technaflora nutrients in 15 gallon RDWC ,feeding schedule says to change nutrients every 7 days , but I change then every 10 ,to save the cost on nutrients .

4. Thanks guys... I did talk to someone and Aaah said that I could probably hold out for 20 days due to the large reservoir size which would work out perfect because that's when I plan on switching to 12/12

5. I change then every 10 ,to save the cost on nutrients .[/QUOTE]

When you change the Res do you flush the plants? If so do you use RO water our tap water.. I would hate to have to down another 15 hours filling another 55 gallons. I do have 70 gallons on stand by for when I need to refill the res. I mean how bad can one 15 min flush of tap water actually be?

6. I do not flush , I drain old nutrients and fill it up with new . I am using distilled water with ppm 8 or so .

7. [quote name='"RO76"']I do not flush , I drain old nutrients and fill it up with new . I am using distilled water with ppm 8 or so .[/quote]

[quote name='"RO76"']I do not flush , I drain old nutrients and fill it up with new . I am using distilled water with ppm 8 or so .[/quote]

Yea i'm thinking I am going to flush them manually with a gallon per pot upon drain with RO water just to help remove some of the salt buildup in the roots and grow medium when I change the reservoir.

I did just up the nutrients yesterday with out changing the reservoir. The way I figured out what to add was by taking the week two recommended amount and subtracting the week one amounts. The remaining ml per gallon was them applied at 50%. So of week one was 2.5ml and the second week was 10ml that leaves 7.5 ml that should be added per gallon. With that divided in half the added amount totaled 3.75ml per gallon.
    After all the calculations were done and the recommended nutrients were added the ppms were now at 960(raised from the 520ppm for week one). The recommended ppms per the GH feeding chart are 1000-1200ppms and I can always add

Attached Files: