Help with first time growing.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LongDong, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hi GC. What im gonna be doing is growing some marijuana for the first time. I just want to experiment with it and im not aiming for high yeilds. I have a little box im gonna grow it in descretely and the bottom line is, how do i get it to stop growing tall at all? i want to make my plant as short as possible. i read something about topping, does topping stop the plant from growing upward? What do i have to do to make my marijauna plant a midget, cuz thats all i want right now.

2. go search and read in the advanced growing techniques section!:wave::smoking:

3. i tried searching but i dont know what to search. i tried to search things dealing with short and i came up with nothing. i dont even know what method to use or what its called. I tried the advanced section, but its a little too... advanced... i couldnt understand anything. could u provide a link?

4. Topping a plant focuses its energy on growing the side shoots opposed to the top. Unfortunately, you can't completely stop lateral growth. Here's a couple links:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

you might also try ScrOG or Screen Of Green. You actually place a screen (chicken wire or the like) over your plant and it controls the lateral growth. Here's a link for that:

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/48363-scrog-method.html

Finally the easiest way to get you plant to "finish" with a short height, put it into flower(light 12 hours on/12 hours off) when it is short.

Good luck

5. #5 LongDong, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    wow thanks OCDinFL that helped so much! i also did some research and decided to try controlling the root zone. Its just when u have a small cup and never take it out so it doesnt have enough energy to grow taller. and after i think its bushy/tall enough ill just set it to 12/12