Help with first time grow.. lucas formula question please help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jnasty0412, Dec 11, 2012.

1. So im starting a 5x5 grow tent using a 6-5gallon dwc bucket system that circulates through a 5gallon res(link is below). Since this is my first grow and after the research I've done I concluded the best route for me to take would be to use the lucas formula. Im using the hm-com 100 tds meter which uses the .5 conversion(manual says .5-57).

According to lucas I should use
    0-5-10 for veg
    0-8-16 for flowering

Now the formula is very simple to understand but my question is I read some people don't like to start using nutes till about a week after transplanting to the system. I was thinking about using nutes right when I transplant so should I start the first week with the full 0-5-10 strength?

I was thinking to use
    first week 0-3-8
    2nd week 0-4-9
    3rd week 0-5-10
    4th week 0-5-10
    5th week 0-5-10
    6th week.... switch to 12/12 and use full 0-8-16
    Im starting from seed using greenhouse white rhino so I wanted to veg for about 5 weeks.

This is my first real grow attempt so I hope I don't sound dumb. This is a little schedule I made up, I haven't got this far yet so im trying to get a little help before to be prepared. Any question's just ask..

All help is appreciated and if you can let me know what your weekly schedule would be like using this method.

Amazon.com: THE HALO RAINMAKER 6 Aeroponic Hydroponic system aero drip garden dwc deep water culture: Patio, Lawn & Garden

2. If this schedule sounds like it will work to you just hit me with a comment saying sounds good so im a little more confident.

3. Go to lucasformula.com scroll to the bottom and you will find your answer there! Hoped this helped!
    Mr. Greeny

4. I don't why but I made that schedule thinking I was gonna flush weekly like a single dwc bucket. I'm just gonna top off my res, flush during veg and flower, and a week or 2 before harvest. To much money for that much nutes so ill just try to maintain those ppm levels weekly. Thanks for the link... Do use one of the lucas formula's?

5. I ran a recipe similar to the Flora series formula. I had really good results. I don't know how much growing or DWC experience you have, but here is a rule of thumb that always worked for me. 1) Start out with a fresh rez every week. 2) As the plant takes up the water from rez, top off with only PH'd water. 3) Only do a flush right before you transition into flower. 4) Use a product such as Multizen, Hygrozyme, Sensizyme or Cannazyme. If you choose to use Hygrozyme (which is an awesome product), run it every 2-3 weeks with only your base nutrients. Do not add beneficials, as Hygrozyme kills both good and bad ones. The other three products you can use every nute mix. These products only kill bad organisms and leaves your good ones alive. All four of these products are used to keep your root system clean and disease free.